Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Food Operations Manager 3
- System ID
- Food Service
- Employment Status
Sodexo has an exciting career opportunity for a Food Operations Manager III at Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center. This 850-bed acute care hospital located in Houston, Texas. Ranked #2 in Houston and #24 in the nation by US News and World Reports, is home to the Texas Heart® Institute, a world-class cardiovascular research and education institution.
Sodexo provides best in class food and nutrition services for patient dining, retail café operations, onsite catering and physicians dining. This is an ideal role for someone who is passionate about wellness, nutrition and is looking to gain exposure in roles that could lead to a variety of food service career tracks. The Food Operations Manager will be guiding a strong leadership team which oversees our retail, catering, physician dining and other aspects of the culinary operation. Additionally this position will provide program support for our At Your Request-Room Service Dining® patient meal delivery program.
Reporting to the Senior Area General Manager, the ideal candidate is hands on, results oriented, and has a proven track record of delivering operational excellence. Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships with client, hospital staff, strong retail experience, excellent client and customer relations, consistent proven success of developing and managing a team are a must. A focus on sustainability, diversity, marketing, community, creative approaches to solutions, and out of the box thinking to support our growing campus is desirable for the successful candidate. Prior management experience delivering innovative solutions for the customer experience is a plus. High level of computer literacy, HACCP knowledge and ServSafe certification go hand in hand for this position. The ideal candidate is hands on, results oriented, and has a proven track record of delivering operational excellence. Strong knowledge of Sodexo systems and standards is preferred, but not required.
Looking for work life balance
Provides leadership and supervision for the on-site food service exempt and non-exempt level staff in the delivery of our contractual agreement with the client. Provides supervision for food services at account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the company. Implements business practices in order to uphold company mission, values and commitments made in the Sodexo client contractual agreement.
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Assumes General Manager’s (GM) responsibilities and authority in his/her absence
- Utilizes Sodexo tools and programs to develop client, customer, and staff relationships, to ensure account retention
- Implements and fully utilizes all Sodexo tools and programs to ensure financial outcomes
- Directs daily operations of food service to ensure employees have appropriate equipment, inventory and resources, ensures operating standards and regulatory requirements are met
- Develops and implements plans, projects, with defined objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and Sodexo strategic plan
- Ensures adherence to all HR standards for Sodexo, client, and regulatory agencies
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.