Smith Seckman Reid, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Smith Seckman Reid, Inc.
# of openings:
A leading comprehensive engineering design and consulting firm, SSR provides innovative solutions for clients with facility and infrastructure challenges. To achieve client needs, SSR has multiple locations across the US. Working with a diverse group of individuals in a variety of markets, our team of experts partner with our clients to deliver advanced solutions that last.
SSR is committed to providing opportunities and benefits to colleagues that promote living fully. Through various competitive benefits and programs available, SSR supports the health, well-being, and personal growth of its employees. SSR offers benefit options including medical, dental, and vision coverage, a generous contribution to employee-owned Health Savings Account, 401(k) with matching up to the full IRS maximum, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other employee incentives and wellness programs. SSR is a 2019 A/E/C Building a Better World Award Winner which recognizes our commitment to community outreach and improvement.
We feel that SSR is a great place, but don’t take our word for it, See what our colleagues are saying at www.ssr-inc.com/life-at-ssr.
Why Choose SSR? Look at our Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn pages to discover more.
W e are Certified "Great Place to Work" http://www.greatplacetowork.com/certified-company/1001559
Looking for an Electrical EIT for Houston (Start date-May/June 2021)
The Electrical EIT assists the senior design staff in the execution of technical activities required on assigned projects and learns discipline-specific technical standards and procedures. Assists the project team in the production of projects on time, within budget, and consistent with industry standards. Under supervision participates in technical studies, investigations, and design on assigned projects.
- Learns to understand industry standards and company technical policies and procedures during the execution of projects for clients
- Observes and learns the industry standards and practices of design analyses using industry software
- Routinely assists with production of designs using Revit and/or CADD with the assistance of senior design staff
- Under supervision, assists in the execution of design processes and analysis on assigned projects and requests assistance from design staff when needed
- Under supervision, performs basic computer-based engineering calculations and system design functions
- Assists the design team in the coordination of project designs with other disciplines to determine equipment needs, provides input for operating procedures, and provides technical information
- Observes and learns the information used by project managers to develop man-hour budgets
- Assists project team in the development of technical documentation, proposals, and presentations
- Learns how to communicate design requirements with contractors and equipment sales representatives to determine project scope and feasibility
- Accompanies senior design staff in performing project job site visits to investigate field conditions and monitor progress based on design specifications, owner expectations, and building codes
- Reads and interprets blueprints, specifications, schematics, and engineering reports
- Actively attends internal and external training and other educational opportunities to obtain knowledge in necessary technical areas
An ideal candidate will possess the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering from an ABET accredited college
- Knowledge of industry specific software (i.e., Revit and AutoCAD)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Knowledge of engineering theories and methodologies
SSR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Our mission is to make a positive difference for our clients, colleagues, and communities.