Smith Seckman Reid, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Commissioning Field Agent (Mechanical) for Houston
at Smith Seckman Reid, Inc.
# of openings:
A leading comprehensive engineering design and consulting firm, SSR provides innovative solutions for clients with facility and infrastructure challenges. To achieve client needs, SSR has multiple locations across the US. Working with a diverse group of individuals in a variety of markets, our team of experts partner with our clients to deliver advanced solutions that last.
SSR is committed to providing opportunities and benefits to colleagues that promote living fully. Through various competitive benefits and programs available, SSR supports the health, well-being, and personal growth of its employees. SSR offers benefit options including medical, dental, and vision coverage, a generous contribution to employee-owned Health Savings Account, 401(k) with matching up to the full IRS maximum, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other employee incentives and wellness programs. SSR is a 2019 A/E/C Building a Better World Award Winner which recognizes our commitment to community outreach and improvement.
We feel that SSR is a great place, but don’t take our word for it, See what our colleagues are saying at www.ssr-inc.com/life-at-ssr .
Why Choose SSR? Look at our Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn pages to discover more.
W e are Certified "Great Place to Work" http://www.greatplacetowork.com/certified-company/1001559
Looking for a Commissioning Field Agent (Mechanical) for Houston
The Commissioning Field Agent (Mechanical) works with the design and construction team to ensure that equipment and systems are installed properly and functioning at the optimal efficiency level and at client and operational expectations. An individual in this position is responsible for creating and maintaining positive professional relationships with all disciplines involved in the project.
- Reviews equipment submittals and shop drawings for overall compliance with the design intent, owner’s requirements, and functional testing requirements
- Performs site visits to execute inspections using pre-functional checklists, functional performance tests, and the training matrix for a given project
- Prepares accurate and timely progress reports to communicate commissioning progress and issues with project team
- Verifies preventative maintenance material and record documents for commissioned equipment and systems
- Participates in client meetings to review project status
- Maintains equipment logs and master deficiency lists for Cx projects
- Participates in regular Cx team meetings to plan for and evaluate the progress of Cx activities
- Performs retro commissioning and diagnostic work as needed
- Performs any other duties as assigned
An ideal candidate will possess the following requirements:
- 5 years of experience with MEP systems, automation, and controls OR Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical) with two years of applicable experience
- Thorough knowledge of HVAC engineering theories and methodologies
- Thorough knowledge of building automation and controls
- Thorough knowledge of design documents
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- The ability to travel (percentage depends on geography)
- Technical writing skills
SSR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Our mission is to make a positive difference for our clients, colleagues, and communities.