Smith Seckman Reid, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Client Relationship Manager I
at Smith Seckman Reid, Inc.
# of openings:
A leading comprehensive engineering design and consulting firm, SSR provides innovative solutions for clients with facility and infrastructure challenges. To achieve client needs, SSR has multiple locations across the US. Working with a diverse group of individuals in a variety of markets, our team of experts partner with our clients to deliver advanced solutions that last.
SSR is committed to providing opportunities and benefits to colleagues that promote living fully. Through various competitive benefits and programs available, SSR supports the health, well-being, and personal growth of its employees. SSR offers benefit options including medical, dental, and vision coverage, a generous contribution to employee-owned Health Savings Account, 401(k) with matching up to the full IRS maximum, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other employee incentives and wellness programs. SSR is a 2019 A/E/C Building a Better World Award Winner which recognizes our commitment to community outreach and improvement.
We feel that SSR is a great place, but don’t take our word for it, See what our colleagues are saying at www.ssr-inc.com/life-at-ssr .
Why Choose SSR? Look at our Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn pages to discover more.
W e are Certified "Great Place to Work" http://www.greatplacetowork.com/certified-company/1001559
Looking for a Client Relationship Manager I for Houston
The Client Relationship Manager I holds responsibility for the overall relationship with identified clients and successful delivery of client’s projects. These clients are of small to moderate size. CRM I primarily manages projects independently but may require additional Project Managers to effectively complete projects. Responsible for Total Project Success on assigned projects for all results related to people, product, and profit. Acquires work by consistently demonstrating an ability to execute and deliver high-quality projects for existing clients. Involved in the industry and community, providing a presence for the organization by membership on boards and professional organizations and published writing. The majority of the time in this role will be devoted to project management activities.
- Serves as the principal level relationship and trusted advisor with clients for all project engagements with the client’s organization
- Works with leadership to establish long term strategies for building and growing client relationships
- Aligns SSR services with the needs of the client, identifies the client’s future needs, and determines where SSR can intersect with new services and support
- Builds, develops, and grows strategic business relationships vital to the success of projects and long term engagements
- Updates leads and records business development activities in the CRM database
- Assists or leads resolution of project and client relationship issues
- Understands client’s strategic goals and standards and assures all projects are delivered in accordance with those goals and standards
- Provides leadership and mentoring to Project Managers assigned to their projects
- Oversees the activities of the project team to achieve Total Project Success
- Ensures projects are executed according to the plan and are of the highest standards to support long-term relationships with clients
- Responsible for overall preparation of proposals in coordination with the marketing department, utilizing input from technical staff
- Responsible for all project management activities, which includes (but is not limited to) establishing the project scope with the client, preparing and negotiating fees and contracts, preparing and managing the schedule and man-hour budget, conducting a project kick-off meeting, maintaining communication with the client, attending meetings, managing risk, implementing a QA/QC plan, and performing job close out processes
- Responsible for projecting monthly revenue expectations for projects and working with the location Operations Director in planning workload and office staffing
- Responsible for working with clients and Project Managers to collect accounts receivables in accordance with Program AR goals
- Negotiates a standard contract and fee schedule where possible to help ensure continued profitability for clients of large scope and complexity
An ideal candidate will possess the following requirements :
- An expert in the discipline(s) of his/her expertise with a minimum of 10 years applicable project/client management experience
- Technical or Bachelor’s degree in one of the major technical disciplines practiced by the firm OR applicable experience
- Professional Engineer Licensure preferred
- Demonstrated, consistent ability in managing projects from small to large scope and complexity
- Experience in the design of multi-discipline projects
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Knowledge of engineering theories and methodologies
- Knowledge of project approach and system design
- Knowledge of current industry trends, products, and their application to market sectors.
- Knowledge of business practices and processes
SSR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Our mission is to make a positive difference for our clients, colleagues, and communities.