Smith & Associates
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
ITAD Business Development Representative
at Smith & Associates
Smith & Associates is the leader in independent distribution of semiconductors and electronic components with 16 offices globally and headquartered in Houston, Texas. We are looking for a bright, self-motivated, talented individual to join our organization as a Business Development Manager focusing on Smith’s I.T. Asset Disposition services.
Job Profile and Description:
The ITAD Business Development Manager is responsible for the sale of Smith’s Cloud and Data Center ITAD services to new accounts. The ITAD BDM is also responsible for the development and management of these clients.
- Contact potential clients to drive Smith’s portfolio of cloud services to data center customers in the Americas.
- Develop and strengthen new and existing relationships.
- Identify rising business opportunities and build long-term relationships with prospects.
- Manage contracts, including the RFP’s, negotiations and closings.
- Negotiate deals with decision makers.
- Research and understand customer IT lifecycle.
- Responsible for the acquisition and re-marketing of decommissioned and off-lease data center hardware such as servers, networking gear, hard drives, etc.
- Create strategic and customized ITAD solutions based on the requirements and needs of the customer.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- Ability to work in our corporate office in Houston, Texas.
- 3+ years’ industry experience preferred.
- Knowledge and proven experience of selling ITAD solutions and securing contractual agreements.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High degree of interpersonal skills to maintain very good relationships with different sets of people both internally and externally.
- Excellent ability to work with a team.
- Self-motivated with attention to detail.
- Ability to travel when necessary.
Smith is an Equal Opportunity Employer.