Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Silverado Associates
Silverado Associates know that there is no substitute for a meaningful career. We take pride in knowing the world is a better place because of what we do, and we feel fortunate to be part of a family that is unified in this commitment. We get the chance to learn every day, the opportunity to grow, and the ability to help others. At Silverado, it is about ENRICHING LIVES!
Silverado is presently seeking an Admissions Coordinator to join our Hospice Team in North Houston, TX!
Meet our associates and learn why they love working with Silverado: http://www.silverado.com/recruiting/meet-our-team/
Summary of Major Functions:
- Responsible for managing all aspects of the patient intake process including establishing and maintaining positive relationships with customers and referral sources and responding to customer requests and concerns.
- Also manages the insurance verification and authorization process.
- Schedules appropriate staff to meet with patients/families to discuss hospice services in a timely manner.
- Overcomes initial objections to hospice services.
- General admission coordination, including coordinating hospital discharges.
- Data entry, including keeping all admission tracking logs up-to-date.
- High school diploma. Some college courses related to business administration preferred.
- One year experience dealing with the public via telephone or in person, preferably in a customer service or inside sales role.
- Typing 50 words per minute, managing records/files, basic computer skills (i.e. Forms, Labels, Excel and Word). Need to have excellent communication and leadership skills. Be able to multi task.
- Prior hospice experience preferred.
- Insurance verification experience required.
- Ability to read, write, and speak clear English required.
- Must exhibit empathetic communication style with patients, families, and associates.