Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Management/Sales Trainee (Entry Level) Coastal District
Welcome to Sherwin-Williams
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $15.8 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today!
If you've got what it takes to be a troubleshooter, marketer, trainer, systems analyst, creative problem solver, strategist, and an all-encompassing leader of the pack, you could be part of the Sherwin-Williams' team. Our Management/Sales Training Program is designed to provide you with all the skills needed to build a successful career in management and/or outside professional sales.
The Management/Sales Training Program includes self-study modules, structured on-the-job training, classroom instruction at our regional training facilities, as well as ongoing education throughout your career. Your training will encompass all aspects of store management, including paint and associated products, customer service, professional sales and marketing, credit and accounts receivable management, human resources management, profit and loss and merchandising management.
After you complete the training program, you'll be able to progress into paint store management positions. Our Assistant Store Managers and Store Managers oversee a million-dollar business, providing leadership and insight into the development and strategy of their store.
Many Management/Sales Trainees choose a path that leads to a career in professional sales. In this role, they grow the company's market share by selling to large, commercial users such as painting contractors, purchasing agents, manufacturers, and other commercial users who need large volumes of our high-quality products. Generally, sales representatives apply their trade in specific regions or territories. Management/Sales Trainees are eligible for professional sales positions once a track record of success within the stores has been established.
- Must have a valid Driver's License.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university. You may apply for this position if you have your bachelors degree, or will obtain one within the next 12 months.
- Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status.
- Must be willing to work all scheduled hours which may include evenings and weekends, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to retrieve material from shelves and floor stacks and lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to operate material handling equipment (e.g. hand truck, pallet jack, forklift, etc.).
- Must be able to tint paint, therefore, must be able to distinguish the difference between colors.
- Must be able to operate a computer and communicate via the telephone.
- Prior work experience in sales or customer service.
- Willingness to relocate for promotional opportunities.
- Bilingual ability is an added plus.
Come join the training program that will serve as the springboard for all of your career aspirations. We look forward to hearing from you!
Who we are
At Sherwin-Williams, we're proud of the company we keep — our family of loyal employees. To learn about our company and our culture go to Sherwin.com/careers.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, citizenship status, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referral of protected veterans.