Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Teacher,HIGH SCHOOL STEM Science
at Sheldon ISD
This position is for the 2019-2020 school year.
Provide students in 9-10 grade with appropriate learning activities and experiences in the core academic subject area assigned to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society. Collaborate with district and campus staff to embed STEM experiences into the core curriculum in order to impact student achievement.
Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
Valid Texas teaching certificate with required endorsements or training for subject and level assigned
Demonstrated competency in the core academic subject area assigned
Grades 6-12 Certified
ESL and G/T certification preferred
Knowledge of core academic subject assigned
Knowledge of curriculum and instruction
STEM teaching experience
Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Knowledge of college and career readiness standards, as well as college entrance and placement exams
Experience working with diverse populations
3 or more years teaching experience
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop and deliver STEM-focused instruction through Project-Based Learning methods.
- Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of the district’s curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required. Prepare culturally relevant, interdisciplinary lessons that integrate STEM curriculum and goals, require students to innovate and invent to solve real-world contextual problems, and include accommodations for individual student differences.
- Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, equipment, and technology that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned and present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
- Differentiate and personalize instruction to meet the needs of students.
- Uses technology to promote learning, creativity and collaboration.
- Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results to plan instructional activities.
- Organize, develop and coordinate special STEM events/learning experiences.
- Plan and assign work volunteer(s) and oversee completion.
Student Growth and Development
- Use diverse tools and processes to conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through formative and summative assessments. Analyze data to guide curriculum, instruction, interventions, and acceleration.
- Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned. Sponsor outside activities approved by the campus principal.
- Be a positive role model for students; support mission of school district.
Classroom Management and Organization
- Create classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students. Collaborate with a team to design behavioral expectations.
- Manage student behavior in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Assist in selecting books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required.
- Establish and maintain a professional relationship and open communication with parents, students, colleagues, and community members.
- Coach teachers on STEM initiatives and instructional best practices in the STEM areas.
- Works directly with district and school staff in the development, implementation, and evaluation of the STEM initiatives and curriculum.
- Shares STEM events and activities through social media, such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Professional Growth and Development
- Participate in professional development to improve job-related skills, including professional learning communities and activities related to STEM, such as internships and externships with higher education and industry. Attend and present at district and outside organizational conferences.
- Comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Tools/Equipment Used: Personal computer and peripherals; standard instructional equipment; [P.E. teachers: automated external defibrillator (AED)]
Posture: Prolonged standing; frequent kneeling/squatting, bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
Motion: Frequent walking
Lifting: Regular light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds); may lift and move text books and classroom equipment
Environment: Work inside, may work outside; regular exposure to noise
Mental Demands: Maintain emotional control under stress; work prolonged or irregular hours
STEM Stipend: $1,500.00
Job Contact Information
|Title||Director of Innovative Programs|
Tuesday, March 5, 2019 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)