Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
School Bus Driver
at Sheldon ISD
Provide safe, orderly, and efficient transportation services to students on assigned route and on extracurricular trips.
High School Diploma or GED
Valid Texas commercial driver’s license (Class B or above) with passenger (p) and school bus (s) endorsements.
Texas Department of Public Safety (TxDPS) School Bus Driver Certification (or ability to obtain)
Acceptable driving record as defined by TxDPS.
CPR and AED certification (or ability to obtain)
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Ability to read, write, and speak English
Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
Ability to communicate effectively
Ability to effectively manage large groups of students
Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Ability to pass pre-employment and random drug/alcohol screens
Ability to pass annual TxDPS school bus driver’s physical examination
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Follow assigned route and adhere to established time schedule
- Drive bus to and from extracurricular activities
- Perform and document required pre-trip and post-trip inspections to ensure vehicle safety
- Report any defects or necessary repairs in writing to shop personnel
- Exercise extreme caution when loading and unloading students
- Exercise safe driving habits when operating all district vehicles
- Report all vehicle accidents, vehicle damage, student injuries, and mechanical failures. Complete required reports.
- Keep records on bus mileage and passenger counts as necessary.
- Keep assigned bus clean, securing windows and doors when not in use.
- Supervise students while they board and leave the bus and cross the street.
- Maintain student discipline and report student discipline problems in writing to the Transportation Supervisor so that they may be addressed by the appropriate campus administrator.
- Instruct students on safe riding rules and regulations
- Ensure that ALL district bus rider rules and regulations are enforced on your bus
- Exercise safe driving habits and comply with all motor vehicle laws as they apply to school buses
- Ensure that vehicle is safe to operate by performing a thorough pre-trip inspection including an air brake test every time you are going to drive the vehicle off of the lot
- Report any hazardous conditions on your route to the Transportation Supervisor immediately.
- Exercise extreme caution when performing vehicle evacuations for an emergency situation
- Operate 2-way radio equipment to communicate essential messages between buses and dispatch
- Ensure that a current, working telephone number is on file where you may be reached
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of job performance to ensure students’ right to privacy
school bus, video equipment, 2-way radio equipment
Continual sitting, reaching, bending, and repetitive hand motions. Work outside and inside. Moderate exposure to extreme temperature (heat and cold) and vehicle fumes.
Job Contact Information
|Name||Dr. Tyrus Doctor|
Tuesday, April 30, 2019 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)