Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
School Bus Aide to Bus Driver Trainee Program
at Sheldon ISD
Assist the special needs driver and students to ensure safe and appropriate transportation services to students with special needs.
Obtain CDL with P or S Endorsement or Permit
High School Diploma or GED
CPR and AED certification (or ability to obtain)
CPI Non-Violent Physical Intervention Techniques certification (or ability to obtain)
Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
Ability to communicate effectively
Ability to work with and assist students with special needs
Ability to effectively manage large groups of students
Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Ability to pass annual TxDPS school bus driver’s physical examination
Previous experience working with individuals with special needs in an educational setting (preferred)
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Supervise students while they board and leave the bus and cross the street.
- Maintain student discipline and report student discipline problems in writing to the Transportation Supervisor so that they may be addressed by the appropriate campus administrator.
- Instruct students on safe riding rules and regulations
- Ensure that ALL district bus rider rules and regulations are enforced on your bus
- Work as a team with the assigned bus driver to ensure student safety and discipline
- Ensure that students are safely loaded and unloaded from the bus and secured appropriately (car seat, wheelchair restraint, safety vest, etc.)
- Report any hazardous conditions on your route to the Operations Manager immediately.
- Exercise extreme caution when performing vehicle evacuations for an emergency situation
- Work as a team with the assigned bus driver to ensure that the vehicle is clean daily.
- Assist the assigned driver with the pre-trip inspection by checking lights, etc.
- Ensure that a current, working telephone number is on file where you may be reached
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of job performance to ensure students’ right to privacy
school bus, wheelchair lift, video equipment
Continual sitting, reaching, bending, and repetitive hand motions. Work outside and inside. Moderate exposure to extreme temperature (heat and cold) and vehicle fumes.
Job Contact Information
|Name||Dr. Tyrus Doctor|
Thursday, July 12, 2018 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)