Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Electrician Assistant - General Maintenance
at Sheldon ISD
Under general supervision, maintain, repair, and install electrical systems, services, and equipment for the district. Maintain and provide for the safe condition and operation of all electrical systems and fixtures in district facilities.
Valid apprentice electrician license
Clear and valid Texas driver’s license
Knowledge of electrical circuits, wiring and operating principles of motors
Knowledge of current electrical codes and ordinances
Ability to read blueprints, schematics, and written reference material
Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
Ability to perform mathematical calculations
Ability to diagnose and resolve problems
Ability to use hand and power tools
Two years experience in electrical field
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Maintenance and Repair
- Install and repair wiring, electrical fixtures, power equipment, control and distribution apparatus, and components of machinery and equipment following electrical code, manuals, specifications, schematics, and blueprints.
- Diagnose and resolve problems in electrical circuits, systems, and equipment and test continuity of circuits to ensure compatibility and safety of components.
- Install and connect power supply wiring, cables, conduit, and electrical apparatus for machines and equipment in new and existing facilities following diagrams, schematics, or blueprints.
- Measure, assemble, and install electrical conduit using measuring devices, hand tools, pipe threader, and conduit bender.
- Detect needed repairs on buildings, grounds, and equipment following established inspection procedures.
- Repair or recommend replacement of electrical appliances, including commercial ovens, ranges, steam tables, washers, and dryers.
- Receive and complete work orders in a timely manner. Select material and hardware and calculate time and materials estimates. Maintain accurate records on material and labor used.
- Maintain inventory of district-owned tools, equipment, and materials.
- Inspect jobs upon completion and ensure areas are clean.
- Work with building principals and supervisors to schedule and complete projects.
- Respond to emergency calls as needed.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties, including lifting and climbing. Operate tools and equipment according to established safety procedures.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and promptly report any conditions that are not immediately correctable to supervisor.
- Perform preventive maintenance on tools and equipment to make sure that equipment is in safe operating condition.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Tools/Equipment Used: Electrical measuring and testing equipment; hand tools; power tools; light truck or van
Posture: Frequent standing, kneeling/squatting, bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting; work in tiring and uncomfortable positions
Motion: Frequent walking, climbing stairs/ladders/scaffolding, grasping/squeezing, wrist flexion/extension, and overhead reaching; frequent driving
Lifting: Heavy lifting and carrying (45 pounds and over) on a daily basis
Environment: Work outside and inside, on slippery or uneven walking surfaces; frequent exposure to extreme hot and cold temperatures, dust, toxic chemicals and materials, noise, vibration, and electrical hazards; work around machinery with moving parts; may work in tight or enclosed spaces; may work alone; regularly work irregular hours; occasional prolonged hours; frequent districtwide travel
Mental Demands: Maintain emotional control under stress
Job Contact Information
|Name||Dr. Tyrus Doctor|
|Title||Director of Support Servies|
Tuesday, October 1, 2019 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)