Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
AVID Tutor (Part-Time)
at Sheldon ISD
AVID is a system that targets potential college students who need support. AVID prepares these students by teaching them college readiness skills. Students are enrolled in advanced courses and given academic support through tutors.
Under direct supervision of the AVID coordinator/teacher, tutors will perform the following tasks:
- Determine from student notes and discussions, the concepts that need to be taught or reviewed
- Evaluate student binders, including calendars, class and textbook motes, etc.
- Become familiar with the materials in the AVID Curriculum Libraries
- Become familiar with the textbooks and materials used by AVID students
- Conduct tutorial sessions in all areas of mathematics, therefore, a strong math background is mandatory
- Conduct mini-lessons in the process of writing in all subject areas, study skills, and other aspects of college preparations
- Set an example of personal excellence and high expectations for AVID students to follow
- Work with students in any phase of the writing process, such as brainstorming, clustering, revision, and editing
- Communicate frequently and honestly with the AVIS coordinator/teacher regarding student progress and areas of concern
Application and Training
- Applications must complete an application and participate in the interview process
- Applicants must agree to a criminal history check prior to beginning work
- Tutors will be trained in the Socratic tutorial method and will receive ongoing feedback and assistance with implementing AVID resources.
- Hours worked is limited to no more than 20 hours per week.
Job Contact Information
Sunday, July 29, 2018 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)