SGS Petroleum Service Corporation (PSC)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Rail Switchman and Locomotive Operator
at SGS Petroleum Service Corporation (PSC)
|Title:||Rail Switchman and Locomotive Operator|
|Job Categories:||Distribution – Shipping, General Labor, Leadman / Team Leader / Foreman, Manufacturing, Railroad, Skilled Labor – Trades, Other|
|Regular or Temporary:||Regular|
Rail Switchman and Locomotive OperatorJob Summary: Petroleum Service Corporation is seeking a Rail Switchman and Locomotive Operator to join our team at a safety-oriented petrochemical plant in Baytown, TX where we are OSHA VPP certified. Industrial or plant experience is preferred but not required, and paid, on-the-job-training is available. If you're looking for a stable, long-term career in a booming industry, then consider joining the PSC family!
Work Schedule: 12 hour shift (rotating days/nights/weekends/holidays)
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Examines track list in order to determine which railcars are to be spotted, separated, loaded, and/or shipped
- Reads switching instructions and daily car schedules to determine work to be performed, or receive orders from yard conductors
- Operates rail locomotive to safely move railcars in and around the refinery
- Prepare and build outbound railcars for shipment
- Wears all protective equipment as required
- Completes any other duties that may be assigned to complete the assigned task
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- 18 years or older and legally able to work in the U.S.
- Stable work history with good references from past employers.
- Pass a drug screen, physical, and background check.
- Speak fluent English.
- PSC is a veteran-friendly company. Previous military experience and proven ability to follow procedures is a plus.
You must be able to:
- Speak, write, read, hear, and have good vision
- Work outside in environmental conditions, which at times include extreme heat or extreme cold
- Wear all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) without restriction and pass any medical examination associated with the use of PPE
- Lift 50 pounds floor to waist
- Push and pull 50 pounds horizontally
- Carry 20 pounds while walking
- Walk three to ten miles per day
- Stand four to eight hours per day
- Climb stairs and ladders
- Extend arms through normal range of motion while standing and squatting
- As the leader in product handling and site logistics for refineries, chemical producers, and marine transportation providers, Petroleum Service Corporation offers plant jobs with great earning potential and advancement opportunities.
- We’ve been in business since 1952 and have a strong reputation for quality service, safety, and environmental protection.
- Our employees are our #1 asset, and we invest considerable time and resources to train them well, keep them safe, and provide them with opportunities to gain valuable industry experience.
- The work we do makes a huge impact in our nation’s economy. Check out our videos at petroleumservice.com/videos to learn more.
- Hear what some of our employees have to say about working for us at petroleumservice.com/testimonials
- A variety of medical insurance options with the company paying a portion of the premiums, as well as affordable plans for dental, vision, accident, and critical illness coverage for employees and their families.
- Company-paid life insurance and long-term disability insurance.
- Matching 401(k) plan to help employees save money for retirement.
- Holidays, sick leave, and vacation benefits vary by work group and job classification.
- As a member of the SGS global family, our employees are eligible for group purchasing discounts for new auto purchases, homeowners’ and auto insurance coverage, and cell phone service.
- Safety incentives and bonuses.
- Industry-leading training and development programs.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Petroleum Service Corporation, an SGS company, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.