SGS Petroleum Service Corporation (PSC)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Plant Railcar Switchman
at SGS Petroleum Service Corporation (PSC)
|Title:||Plant Railcar Switchman|
|Job Categories:||Railroad, Skilled Labor – Trades, Strategy – Planning, Transportation, Other|
|Regular or Temporary:||Regular|
Plant Railcar SwitchmanJob Summary: Petroleum Service Corporation is seeking a Railcar Switchman and Locomotive Engineer to join our team at a refinery in Beaumont, Texas. Experienced & FRA Certified Locomotive Engineers and Conductors are a plus, but entry level candidates will also be considered. PSC is seeking a self-motivated individual with drive and the willingness to learn. If you're looking for a company that appreciates and recognizes that employees are our asset, then consider joining the PSC family today!
Work Schedule: DuPont Schedule - 12 hour rotating shifts ( Days / Nights / Weekends / Holidays)
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Communicate with plant personnel and other workers via radio-telephones or computers to exchange switching information
- Examines track list in order to determine which railcars are to be spotted, separated, loaded, and/or shipped
- Prepares and builds outbound railcars for shipment
- Weighs all inbound and outbound, loaded or empty railcars to ensure certification
- Signal crew members for movement of engines or trains, using radios and hand signals.
- Operate engines within railroad yards or other establishments to couple, uncouple, or switch railroad cars.
- Spot cars for loading and unloading at customer locations.
- Inspect engines before and after use to ensure proper operation.
- Apply and release hand brakes.
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- 18 years or older and legally able to work in the U.S.
- Stable work history with good references from past employers
- Pass a drug screen, physical, and background check
- Speak fluent English
- PSC is a veteran-friendly company. Previous military experience and proven ability to follow procedures is a plus.
You must be able to:
- Speak, write, read, hear, and have good vision
- Work outside in environmental conditions, which at times include extreme heat or extreme cold
- Wear all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) without restriction and pass any medical examination associated with the use of PPE
- Lift 50 pounds floor to waist
- Push and pull 50 pounds horizontally
- Carry 20 pounds while walking
- Walk three to ten miles per day
- Stand four to eight hours per day
- Climb stairs and ladders
- Extend arms through normal range of motion while standing and squatting
Why join the PSC team?
- As the leader in product handling and site logistics for refineries, chemical producers, and marine transportation providers, Petroleum Service Corporation offers plant jobs with great earning potential and advancement opportunities.
- We've been in business since 1952 and have a strong reputation for quality service, safety, and environmental protection.
- Our employees are our #1 asset, and we invest considerable time and resources to train them well, keep them safe, and provide them with opportunities to gain valuable industry experience.
- The work we do makes a huge impact in our nation's economy. Check out our videos at petroleumservice.com/videos to learn more.
- Hear what some of our employees have to say about working for us at petroleumservice.com/testimonials
- A variety of medical insurance options with the company paying a portion of the premiums, as well as affordable plans for dental, vision, accident, and critical illness coverage for employees and their families
- Company-paid life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- Matching 401(k) plan to help employees save money for retirement
- Holidays, sick leave, and vacation benefits vary by work group and job classification
- Safety incentives and bonuses
- Industry-leading training and development programs
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Petroleum Service Corporation, an SGS company, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.