SGS Petroleum Service Corporation (PSC)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Environmental and Safety Specialist
at SGS Petroleum Service Corporation (PSC)
Job Reference #: 236691
|Title:||Environmental and Safety Specialist|
|Job Categories:||Distribution – Shipping, Leadman / Team Leader / Foreman, Manufacturing, Safety & Training, Strategy – Planning, Supervision / Management, Training, Other|
|Regular or Temporary:||Regular|
Environmental and Safety Specialist
Petroleum Service Corporation is seeking a hard-working, dedicated and focused Environmental and Safety Specialist to join our team at a brand-new petrochemical plant in Baytown, TX. The Environmental and Safety Specialist plays a critical role in promoting a strong safety culture as well as developing, implementing, and administering effective health, safety, and environmental programs at the facility. If you're looking for an exciting and challenging career, consider joining the PSC team today!
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures employee compliance with all HSE rules, procedures and regulations
- Monitors, maintains and implements environmental management programs to ensure compliance with all EPA, DHS and TCEQ regulations
- Interacts with regulatory agencies such as OSHA, DHS, TCEQ, EPA, DOT, Baytown LEPC, etc.
- Provides regulatory guidance and interpretation for safety and environmental issues
- Works with environmental consultants during permitting process
- Maintains responsibility for radiation sources on-site
- Develops, updates and reviews HSE procedures annually
- Collects data and prepares technical reports and permitting documents
- Conducts the safety portion of the monthly safety meetings
- Ensures all employees take their annual physicals
- Conducts monthly safety audits (JQA’s)
- Monitors employees for compliance with HSE policies
- Interprets safety policies to assist employees with performing their duties
- Conducts environmental and safety inspections of the facility
- Assists with incident investigations and corrective actions
- Maintains training records for site employees
- Comprehensive knowledge of RCRA, EPCRA, CERCLA, PBR, TDPES, LDAR, SARA Title III, TRI, CFATs, and RMP programs is preferred
- Experience working in an Environmental, HSE / EHS related role in a chemical facility is preferred
- Radiation safety officer training is preferred
- MS Word and PowerPoint skills
- Since 1952, Petroleum Service Corporation has had a strong reputation for quality service, safety, environmental protection, and taking care of our employees.
- We are a leader in product handling and site logistics for refineries, chemical producers, and marine transportation providers.
- The work we do makes a huge impact in our nation's economy. Check out our videos at petroleumservice.com/videos to learn more.
- Check out our online newsletter "The Connection" which contains articles about our work groups, recognition events, and achievements of our employees and their family members at petroleumservice.com/newsletters-events/.
- Medical insurance options with the company paying a large portion of the premiums, including affordable dental and vision plans for employees and their families
- Company-paid life, short-term, and long-term disability insurance
- Matching 401(k) plan to help employees save money for retirement
- Vacation, sick leave, and holiday benefits (varies by work group)
- Incentives, discounts, and bonuses
- Industry-leading training and development programs
You must be able to:
- Speak, write, read, hear, and have good vision
- Work outside in environmental conditions, which at time includes extreme hear or extreme cold
- Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment without restriction and pass any medical examination associated with the use of PPE
- Lift 50 pounds floor to waist
- Push and pull 50 pounds horizontally
- Carry 20 pounds while walking
- Climb stairs and ladders
- Extend arms through normal range of motion while standing and squatting
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Petroleum Service Corporation, an SGS company, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.