SGS Petroleum Service Corporation (PSC)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Experienced Chemical Process Operator
at SGS Petroleum Service Corporation (PSC)
|Title:||Experienced Chemical Process Operator|
|Job Categories:||Leadman / Team Leader / Foreman, Other|
|Regular or Temporary:||Regular|
Experienced Chemical Process Operator
Petroleum Service Corporation is seeking an experienced process operator to join our team at a brand new, state-of-the-art chemical plant in Baytown, TX. The site is equipped with brand new equipment and modern technology and is the first and only facility in the United States to perform this unique chemical process operation. If you're looking for an exciting and challenging career, consider joining the PSC family today!
Work Schedule: 12 hour rotating shift (Days / Nights / Weekends / Holidays)
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs commissioning responsibilities for pipeline, terminal, and chemical plant process units
- Maintains quality production by obtaining and testing process samples, conducting inspections, and recommending process improvements
- Monitors production by setting and observing process controls, pressures, and temperatures; watching gauge levels; operating DCS
- Ensures proper operation of equipment by monitoring operations, completing preventive maintenance requirements, and troubleshooting / reporting malfunctioning units
- Performs routine hazard identification write ups and makes recommendations for resolving identified issues
- Participates in or leads various PSM activities such as Incident Investigation, MOC / PSSR, PHA, Hot Work, etc.
- Identifies, reports, logs and / or resolves all near miss opportunities
- Troubleshoots and maintains plant equipment; enter work orders in the electronic maintenance management system
- Cross trains to operate pipeline station and load tanker trucks
- 4-10 years of experience in a Process Operator role
- Experience with DCS board operations
- Experience in a lead, step-up, or commissioning project
- Experience in commissioning of chemical plants or large projects
- Strong understanding / execution of Process Safety Management.
- Proficient with computer based programs and systems
- 18 years or older and legally able to work in the U.S.
- Stable work history with good references from past employers.
- Pass a drug screen, physical, and background check.
- Speak fluent English
- PSC is a veteran-friendly company. Previous military experience and proven ability to follow procedures a plus.
- Since 1952, Petroleum Service Corporation has had a strong reputation for quality service, safety, environmental protection, and taking care of our employees.
- We are a leader in product handling and site logistics for refineries, chemical producers, and marine transportation providers.
- The work we do makes a huge impact in our nation's economy. Check out our videos at petroleumservice.com/videos to learn more.
- Check out our online newsletter "The Connection" which contains articles about our work groups, recognition events, and achievements of our employees and their family members at petroleumservice.com/newsletters-events/.
- Medical insurance options with the company paying a large portion of the premiums, including affordable dental and vision plans for employees and their families
- Company-paid life, short-term, and long-term disability insurance
- Matching 401(k) plan to help employees save money for retirement
- Vacation, sick leave, and holiday benefits (varies by work group)
- Incentives, discounts, and bonuses
- Industry-leading training and development programs
You must be able to:
- Speak, write, read, hear, and have good vision
- Work outside in environmental conditions which at times include extreme heat or extreme cold
- Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) without restriction and pass any medical examination associated with the use of PPE
- Lift 50 pounds floor to waist
- Push and pull 50 pounds horizontally
- Carry 20 pounds while walking
- Climb stairs and ladders
- Extend arms through normal range of motion while standing and squatting
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Petroleum Service Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.