SGS Petroleum Service Corporation (PSC)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Chemical Plant Loader
at SGS Petroleum Service Corporation (PSC)
|Title:||Chemical Plant Loader|
|Job Categories:||Loader, Railroad, Transportation|
|Regular or Temporary:||Regular|
Chemical Plant Loader
Job Summary: Are you a self-motivated individual with drive and the willingness to learn? Then consider a long-term, stable career as a Chemical Plant Loader. Petroleum Service Corporation provides quality hands-on training along with potential opportunities for cross-training. If you're looking for a company that appreciates and recognizes that employees are our asset, then consider joining the PSC family today!
Work Schedule: DuPont Schedule - 12 hour rotating shifts ( Days / Nights / Weekends / Holidays)
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operates and manages the loading / unloading racks
- Ensures that rail car is positioned and secured properly at the loading / offloading racks
- Visually inspects the railcar before transfer to ensure that it is mechanically sound and has no defective equipment.
- Operates the automated loading / unloading system
- Tracks the rail cars in data base system and all required documentation paper work is filled out correctly
- Aligns the tracks correctly for proper switching of railcars when required
- Operates the Trackmobile while communicating with all team members
- Communicates via radio with operations and SGS/PSC switch crew
- Wears all protective clothing and equipment, including respirator and fresh air equipment that may be required to transfer the product in a manner that ensures maximum personal safety.
- Any other duties that may be assigned in order to complete the assigned task such as running lab samples to the lab when needed.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- 18 years or older and legally able to work in the U.S.
- Stable work history with good references from past employers
- Pass a drug screen, physical, and background check
- Speak fluent English
- PSC is a veteran-friendly company. Previous military experience and proven ability to follow procedures is a plus.
You must be able to:
- Speak, write, read, hear, and have good vision
- Work outside in environmental conditions, which at time includes extreme hear or extreme cold
- Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment without restriction and pass any medical examination associated with the use of PPE
- Lift 50 pounds floor to waist
- Push and pull 50 pounds horizontally
- Carry 20 pounds while walking
- Climb stairs and ladders
- Extend arms through normal range of motion while standing and squatting
- As the leader in product handling and site logistics for refineries, chemical producers, and marine transportation providers, Petroleum Service Corporation offers plant jobs with great earning potential and advancement opportunities.
- We've been in business since 1952 and have a strong reputation for quality service, safety, and environmental protection.
- Our employees are our #1 asset, and we invest considerable time and resources to train them well, keep them safe, and provide them with opportunities to gain valuable industry experience.
- The work we do makes a huge impact in our nation's economy. Check out our videos at petroleumservice.com/videos to learn more.
- Hear what some of our employees have to say about working for us at petroleumservice.com/testimonials
- A variety of medical insurance options with the company paying a portion of the premiums, as well as affordable plans for dental, vision, accident, and critical illness coverage for employees and their families
- Company-paid life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- Matching 401(k) plan to help employees save money for retirement
- Holidays, sick leave, and vacation benefits vary by work group and job classification
- As a member of the SGS global family, our employees are eligible for group purchasing discounts for new auto purchases, homeowners' and auto insurance coverage, and cell phone service.
- Safety incentives and bonuses
- Industry-leading training and development programs
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Petroleum Service Corporation, an SGS company, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.