Service Corporation International
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Corporate - Union Specialist
at Service Corporation International
- Associate Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Human Resources
Overview & Responsibilities
The Union Specialist in Houston, TX will be responsible for providing specific tactical support, administration controls, and processes for labor activities. This includes interaction with Labor Relations/Human Resources Manager, as well as Benefits, Compensation, HR, HRIS and Payroll Teams (COEs), with the objective of monitoring the Workday configuration and staying in compliance with Collective Bargaining Agreement(s) (CBA). The Union Specialist will document and oversee all configuration updates, of the HRIS system, required as well as coordinating the required meeting(s) to keep all areas informed and on track with any updates/configuration assigned to their area of responsibility (AOR).
- Complete a full analysis, partnering with the Labor Relations/Human Resources Manager and/or appointed Union SME, of system configuration recommending system updates to be in compliance with 40+ CBAs
- Lead discussion, for all Union CBA updates, with all of the impacted COEs
- Ensure we have the proper resources, from each team, available and assigned to complete any and all tasks required by Change Control Form or other instructions received
- Develop expertise in all collective bargaining agreements (CBAs) and provide interpretation of provisions to enable configuration in Workday
- Central point of contact, for HR at Corporate, for all union system related activity
- Facilitate system updates on Union associates, as needed, for responsibilities that fall in the Ben & Comp AOR
- Monitor and communicate/report all upcoming union activity to the proper COEs ensuring proper administration of the CBA, including but not limited to benefits, compensation, payroll and timekeeping
- Support data requests for union configuration details
- Act as a data analysis resource for all Absence, Benefits, and Compensation functional areas
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with coursework in Human Resources Administration, Business Administration, and/or Compliance Auditing, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- PHR/SPHR desirable
- Three plus years of related work experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail, accuracy and follow through
- Knowledge of contracts, and agreements: contract terms, milestones and payment obligations
- Maintain documentation in a concise, efficient and organized manner
- Produce periodic reports and respond to request for information using database reporting
- Strong research and analytical skills demonstrating ability to identify and close compliance gaps
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Ability to multi-task and adjust to rapidly changing priorities
- Ability to work independently
- Research, recommend and implement tools that promote efficiency and compliance
- High level of integrity with ability to handle and maintain sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Strong knowledge of Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint
Who we are. What we do.
We’re more than North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters who are devoted to the communities where we live and work. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals who provide caring assistance to families in need, honor veterans and public servants and deliver lifesaving programs to help keep children and seniors safe.
We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. We believe creating meaningful ways to pay tribute to a loved one begins with compassion and is shaped by the understanding that each life is truly unique. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one’s life.
- Health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan with company match
- Vacation and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Funeral discounts, and more
SCI offers advanced on-line training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality. For additional information regarding our company, please visit our corporate site at www.sci-corp.com.
As used herein, “SCI” refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliated companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V