Service Corporation International
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Corporate - Software QA Analyst
at Service Corporation International
- Associate Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Information Technology
Overview & Responsibilities
Develop software validation strategy, process, procedure, test scripts (SIT, UAT, regression), and timeline to ensure software releases meet or exceed defined requirements. Coordinate testing resources, summarize and prioritize issues, and collaborate with development to resolve issues.
Software Testing Project Management 60%
• Project manage the software release and patch testing process. Apply best practices and recommend the validation strategy. For each release or patch, develop a project plan and timeline, write test scripts, identify end-user testers, coordinate testing locations, and facilitate testing meetings.
• Develop a full range of tests to ensure that software meets or exceeds quality standards and end-user requirements to ensure adequate testing prior to field deployment. Write testing procedures and develop issue tracking and documentation standards using available tools to facilitate actual testing. Continually improve testing procedures and scripts.
• Prepare scenarios to thoroughly test the application.
• Coordinate and schedule resources required for testing resources. Ensure skilled end-users are selected for field testing. Facilitate sessions prior to testing events to educate end-users on the procedures, documentation, and features.
• Facilitate addressing issues found as they arise. While testing is ongoing, modify scripts as needed. Immediately escalate critical issues to management and development.
• Summarize, prioritize, and document issues and forward to development and management.
Issue Resolution 20%
• Review documented issues with development. Collaborate on acceptable solutions and monitor progress. Enhance tests scripts based on revisions made to the application.
• Additional responsibilities as requested or assigned
Requirements & Qualifications
Education & Licenses:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline. Four (4) years of software testing experience may be substituted for degree
Experience & Knowledge:
• At least three (3) year experience developing, coordinating, and overseeing software testing with end-users and issue resolution with software developers required
• Project management experience managing people resources preferred
• Expertise in test troubleshooting, debugging, and problem solving required
Skills & Abilities (not listed within Competencies):
• Self-starter with the ability to self-manage and prioritize workload in order to meet deadlines in a demanding and changing environment.
• Computer literate and proficient with Internet Explorer, MS Office, Word, Excel, and Power Point
Standards describing how work is accomplished, performance expectation is Proficient
• Build Trust – interacts with others that establishes confidence in one’s intentions and that of the organization
• Communicate Effectively – clearly conveys information and ideas through a variety of media that engages the audience and assists the audience understand and retain the message
• Contribute to Team Success – actively participates toward completion of goals
• Drive for Results – effectively self-manages time and resources ensuring work is efficiently completed
• Focus on the Customer – effectively meets customer needs; building productive customer relationships; taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty
• Make Sound Decisions – identifies and understands issues, problems and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences
• Understand the Business – demonstrates a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in discipline; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise
When considering the work environment associated with this job, the following factors may apply:
• Environment - Work is primarily indoors
• Attire – business casual; professional attire required when in contact with families
• Postures – Frequent continuous period of time sitting or standing up to 6 hours per day; frequently climbing stairs to access buildings
• Physical Demands – Physical effort requiring manual dexterity is required, includes paperwork, calculators, computers and phone usage
• Hours – May work beyond standard hours or schedule as business needs arises
• Travel - none
Who we are. What we do.
We’re more than North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters who are devoted to the communities where we live and work. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals who provide caring assistance to families in need, honor veterans and public servants and deliver lifesaving programs to help keep children and seniors safe.
We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. We believe creating meaningful ways to pay tribute to a loved one begins with compassion and is shaped by the understanding that each life is truly unique. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one’s life.
- Health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan with company match
- Vacation and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Funeral discounts, and more
SCI offers advanced on-line training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality. For additional information regarding our company, please visit our corporate site at www.sci-corp.com.
As used herein, “SCI” refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliated companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V