Service Corporation International
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Corporate - SCCM Administrator/Mobile Device Management
at Service Corporation International
- Associate Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Information Technology
Overview & Responsibilities
This contract to hire role coordinates the development and testing of desktop “images” to be used with the corporation to ensure they meet business requirements and follow Infrastructure Architecture standards.
50% End User System Support
- Serves as the primary point of contact for Altiris administration.
- Available as a technical resource with desktop-related issues which aren’t easily resolved.
50% System Administration
- Oversees the testing and selection of non-server computing hardware to be used within the enterprise.
- Serves as a liaison with outside vendors who may be providing new software, new desktop “images” and hardware.
- Completes the design and maintenance of new images for desktops.
- Works with outside vendors as required to stay current on technology suitable for our environment (i.e. software, desktop images, and hardware).
- Creates and maintains roadmaps for software and hardware direction/timing.
- Maintains current images for desktop “builds” by working with appropriate vendors.
- Writes, tests, and installs packages for software upgrades/patches.
- Prepares functional requirements and specifications for hardware acquisitions.
Core / Critical Competencies
Demonstrates a Commitment to Services Excellence, Trustworthiness and Integrity
- Acts within and upholds the SCI Code of Conduct and Dignity Promise Standards and demonstrates corporate values.
- Is trusted by others; keeps commitments to others.
- Comes up with new ways to look at problems and processes in their work.
- Works productively with minimal supervision; achieves work objectives in a timely manner; works to resolve routine problems promptly and effectively
- Is open to new and different ways to accomplish work.
- Responds positively and productively to new initiatives or changes in priorities.
- Conveys facts and information clearly in written and spoken communications.
- Shares viewpoints and information openly and listens attentively to others’ ideas and suggestions.
- Communicates in a timely and effective manner with manager.
Collaborate with Others
- Proactively contributes to group objectives; volunteers to help others as needed; welcomes ideas and input from others.
Build Productive Relationships (Internal / External)
- Relates to others in open and helpful manner; consistently treat others with respect.
- Maintains composure in challenging situations
Requirements & Qualifications
- Associate’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Two (2) years’ experience supporting Microsoft systems (NT, W2K, XP)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of Microsoft desktop operating systems
- Knowledge of PC hardware architecture
- Knowledge of typical desktop applications, (i.e., MS Office, virus scan, Ghost, etc.)
- Knowledge of desktop architecture build methodologies
- Good understanding of other IT disciplines, (i.e., Telecom, Datacom, Messaging, Server operations, etc.)
- Proven Customer Service skills
- Excellent written and oral communication
When considering the work environment associated with this job, the following factors may apply:
- Work indoors during all seasons and weather conditions
- Limited amount of local and/or multiple location traveling required
- Standard business dress is required
When considering the work postures associated with this job, the following factors may apply:
- Sitting continuously for many hours per day, up to 6 hours per day
When considering the physical demands associated with this job, the following factors may apply:
- Physical effort requiring manual dexterity is required, includes paperwork, calculators, computers and phone usage
When considering the work hours associated with this job, the following factors may apply:
Working a number of evenings every month
Who we are. What we do.
We’re more than North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters who are devoted to the communities where we live and work. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals who provide caring assistance to families in need, honor veterans and public servants and deliver lifesaving programs to help keep children and seniors safe.
We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. We believe creating meaningful ways to pay tribute to a loved one begins with compassion and is shaped by the understanding that each life is truly unique. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one’s life.
- Health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan with company match
- Vacation and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Funeral discounts, and more
SCI offers advanced on-line training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality. For additional information regarding our company, please visit our corporate site at www.sci-corp.com.
As used herein, “SCI” refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliated companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V