Service Corporation International
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Corporate - Product Designer
at Service Corporation International
- Associate Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Category (Portal Searching)
Overview & Responsibilities
The Product Designer plays an integral role in working with our pre-need client families, via phone and email, who have purchased a bronze marker at one of our cemeteries. The designer is responsible for concept design/layout of memorials to support the Company’s marker storage initiative. This role works to consistently uphold established standards, maintain accuracy/integrity and ensure that all artwork and image files are properly maintained.
50% Customer Service
- Conducts phone calls to existing pre-need client families to review their memorial selection and gather the details needed for the memorial design to be manufactured and stored with our supplier, Matthews.
- Provides the highest level of customer service to both internal and external customers.
50% Product Development
- Uses our internal point-of-sale system (HMIS) and our supplier, Matthews’, eVantage system to research, design and submit bronze marker designs for client family approval then for submission for manufacturing and storage.
- Meets the weekly design-in-process goals set forth for the Product Design team.
- Catalogs, updates and maintains digital library of all projects within established filing system.
Core / Critical Competencies
Build Trust with Others
- Operates with integrity - Demonstrates honesty and keeps commitments.
- Remains open to ideas - Listens to others and objectively considers others’ ideas and opinions, even when they conflict with one’s own.
Contribute to Team Success
- Facilitates goal accomplishment - Makes procedural or process suggestions for achieving team goals or performing team functions; provides necessary resources or helps to remove obstacles to help the team accomplish its goals.
- Models commitment - Adheres to the team’s expectations and guidelines; fulfills team responsibilities; demonstrates personal commitment to the team.
Drive for Results
- Prioritizes – Able to adjust priorities when appropriate to meet weekly designer goals.
- Effectively allocates own time to complete work; coordinates own and others’ schedules to avoid conflicts.
- Stays focused - Uses time effectively and prevents irrelevant issues or distractions from interfering with work completion.
- Uses Key Principles - Establishes good relationships with our client families by helping people feel valued, appreciated, and included in discussions (enhances self-esteem, empathizes, involves, discloses, supports).
Make Sound Decisions
- Identifies / Recognizes issues, problems, and opportunities and determines whether action is needed.
- Gathers information - Identifies the need for and collects information to better understand issues, problems, and opportunities.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Three (3) or more years of customer service or call-center related experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge and experience working with Microsoft Office software including Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Attention to detail/accuracy; strong proofreading and quality control skills
- Ability to work efficiently and independently within a goal-oriented environment with a high energy level and positive attitude
- Demonstrated excellence in communication skills, both oral and written
- Advanced interpersonal skills; ability to work well as part of a cohesive team that includes other designers, location associates and management.
When considering the work environment associated with this job, the following factors may apply:
- Work indoors during all seasons and weather conditions
- Standard business dress is required.
When considering the work postures associated with this job, the following factors may apply:
- Sitting continuously for many hours per day, up to 6 hours per day
When considering the physical demands associated with this job, the following factors may apply:
- Physical effort requiring manual dexterity is required, includes paperwork, calculators, computers and phone usage
When considering the work hours associated with this job, the following factors may apply:
- Working Saturdays when necessary to meet the weekly design-in-process goal.
Who we are. What we do.
We’re more than North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters who are devoted to the communities where we live and work. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals who provide caring assistance to families in need, honor veterans and public servants and deliver lifesaving programs to help keep children and seniors safe.
We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. We believe creating meaningful ways to pay tribute to a loved one begins with compassion and is shaped by the understanding that each life is truly unique. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one’s life.
- Health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan with company match
- Vacation and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Funeral discounts, and more
SCI offers advanced on-line training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality. For additional information regarding our company, please visit our corporate site at www.sci-corp.com.
As used herein, “SCI” refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliated companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V