Service Corporation International
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Corporate - PMO Director
at Service Corporation International
- Associate Requisition ID
- Nash_PMO Director 9.19
- # of Openings
- Category (Portal Searching)
Overview & Responsibilities
Provides project and change management expertise in order to plan, organize, control and deliver multiple business level projects. Plans and manages multiple company-wide projects including development of project scope, goals, change impact plans, work plans, cost/benefit analysis of proposals, estimation of budgets, timelines, deliverables, implementation strategies, and resources required for successful and timely completion of projects.
- Facilitates among the PMO stakeholders and organizational leadership a consensus around the mission and vision of the PMO organization to foster a project-management-oriented culture and mindset
- Leads the identification, implementation, and facilitation of portfolio management processes and governance to ensure adherence to the enterprise strategy and drive business value
- Builds and maintains relationships with SCI senior leadership and key PMO stakeholders, and acts as a trusted advisor
- Fosters collaboration, strategic alignment, integrated planning and execution across multiple functions at SCI
- Regularly reviews and evaluates opportunities to improve the SCI Project Management practices to achieve higher maturity and add more value
- Leads, manages and develops the PMO team members
- Develops standardized processes, tools, methodologies and presentation templates including project timetables, progress/milestone reports, financial reports, resource, issues and benefits tracking
- Serves as a resource to others in the company. Coaches, mentors and guides others within the organization who seek to improve their project management skills for smaller projects that may not fall under the control of the PMO
- Communicates effectively with all levels of the organization, external vendors, consultants and other organizations. Maintains regular contact with PMO sponsors and coordinates program efforts with other key stakeholders (e.g., IT, HR, etc.)
- Identifies potential project risks and implements appropriate courses of action to address project slippage and develops strategies to mitigate future risks. Escalates critical issues for appropriate and timely resolution as needed
- Facilitates the process of building a business case for key projects which includes assessment of options, timeline, cost, benefits, risk and recommendation prior to project approval
- Provide guidance and leadership to Project and Change Managers as they define the scope, risks, potential issues and resources for their projects
- Maintain relevant and standard KPIs and metrics that provide organizational visibility into what is being done at SCI and how we are performing
- Helps establish ongoing governance is in place and a continuous improvement / transformation plan is in place at the end of each project
- Develops business insights based on analysis of results and communicates key findings to various members of management to facilitate data-driven decision-making.
- Conduct presentations and provide regular communication to key stakeholders, senior management and project sponsors on projects' scope, deliverables, status, budget (projected and actual) and revenue (forecast and actual).
- Develops measurement processes/methods for assessing progress towards goals and project outcomes.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Manage the PMO department budget
Requirements & Qualifications
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field and/or equivalent education
- Project Management and/or Change Management Professional Certification preferred
- 10+ years of project management. 5+ years of experience managing large and complex teams, 10+ years of supervisory experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Demonstrated, progressive experience and skills in the following areas:
- Expertise in management and demonstrated program and project management experience in a variety of settings and organizational types
- Expertise in change management disciplines especially in the PROSCI methodology
- Working knowledge of executive level engagement and functional management expertise
- Identify and facilitate proactive issue and conflict resolution to allow the organization to move forward
- Organizing material and information to optimize efficiency
- Expertise in communicating objectives, delegating responsibility and monitoring performance
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Use of change management disciplines and effective execution within a program or project
- Serves as a leader and/or member of multi-functional, multi-department project teams to provide direction in the development, management and implementation of company initiatives
- Works closely with Project Managers, Facilitators and Scribes to support all aspects of project management
- Negotiates time commitments and resources for project teams. Deploys project resources
- Excellent time management, organizational, and prioritization skills and ability to balance multiple priorities
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Diplomacy and influence skills, conflict management skills
- Be an influencer and leader within the PMO group
- Successful track record in implementing processes to provide transparency on all PMO related programs/projects/work streams.
- Experience in effectively communicating project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Must be experienced in developing plans bringing together information on projects, resources, timescales, monitoring and controls.
- Able to manage day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of PMO.
- Setup processes for regular reviews, accountability, and proper management of programs/projects.
- Continuously assess performance, research and develop new capabilities, and systematically apply learning and knowledge to the projects.
- Experience in establishing industry standard process and techniques for scoping/requirements gathering, project management and quality assurance for programs/projects.
- Experience in managing and developing staff.
Who we are. What we do.
We’re more than North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters who are devoted to the communities where we live and work. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals who provide caring assistance to families in need, honor veterans and public servants and deliver lifesaving programs to help keep children and seniors safe.
We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. We believe creating meaningful ways to pay tribute to a loved one begins with compassion and is shaped by the understanding that each life is truly unique. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one’s life.
- Health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan with company match
- Vacation and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Funeral discounts, and more
SCI offers advanced on-line training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality. For additional information regarding our company, please visit our corporate site at www.sci-corp.com.
As used herein, “SCI” refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliated companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V