Service Corporation International
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Corporate - Learning Manager
at Service Corporation International
- Associate Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Human Resources
Overview & Responsibilities
Responsible for the instructional design and program management of Dignity University learning programs to support our sales organization, including all phases of the A.D.D.I.E. learning model. This position requires an exceptional ability to develop relationships across the organization, develop and improve processes, and communicate effectively with employees, business owners, and senior leadership.
- Become familiar with assigned business unit’s goals, projects, work processes and systems, business impacts, key deliverables and success factors, and current issues and obstacles.
- Work closely with the business to identify performance gaps that can be addressed via training, and define learning objectives necessary to achieve business results
- Create effective learning programs using sound instructional design and utilizing multiple delivery modalities including classroom, e-learning, synchronous distance learning, performance support and experiential activities as appropriate
- Define, implement and track program metrics to include learner reaction, instructor effectiveness, learning transfer and business impact.
- All aspects of program management including overseeing program development by a team of developers, course delivery, training schedule development, train-the-trainer sessions, effective communication, tracking appropriate metrics and creating executive summaries.
- Develop and maintain project plans and timelines ensuring projects are completed on-time and within budget.
- Develop and communicate the training and development value proposition to the organization.
- Researches, benchmarks and proposes best-in-class learning solutions designed to support the company’s strategic direction with a focus on assigned business unit.
- Negotiate and agree on service and delivery options, timing and resources.
- Work collaboratively with team members, home office departments and field staff.
- Facilitate/lead cross functional project teams to develop and implement process improvements.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in education, instructional design, human resources or related field or equivalent related experience
- Certifications in Adobe, e-authoring applications, facilitation both live and virtual, and instructional design are desired
- Master’s degree in education, instructional design, human resources or related field preferred
- 5+ years of experience in a fast paced corporate learning and development environment dealing with senior leaders
- 3+ years of experience managing multiple projects
- 5+ years of experience delivering training; proficient in classroom management with well developed presentation and facilitation skills
- Knowledgeable in cemetery, funeral and sales processes preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated instructional design skills / knowledge
- Demonstrated understanding of adult learning principles and classroom management
- Demonstrated understanding of learning evaluation metrics and measurement processes
- Experience with e-authoring tools such as Lectora, Captivate, Articulate
- Proficient use of MS Office software (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong team leadership and client relations skills
Who we are. What we do.
We’re more than North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters who are devoted to the communities where we live and work. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals who provide caring assistance to families in need, honor veterans and public servants and deliver lifesaving programs to help keep children and seniors safe.
We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. We believe creating meaningful ways to pay tribute to a loved one begins with compassion and is shaped by the understanding that each life is truly unique. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one’s life.
- Health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan with company match
- Vacation and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Funeral discounts, and more
SCI offers advanced on-line training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality. For additional information regarding our company, please visit our corporate site at www.sci-corp.com.
As used herein, “SCI” refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliated companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V