Service Corporation International
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Corporate - IT Auditor
at Service Corporation International
- Associate Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Finance and Accounting
Overview & Responsibilities
Develops IT general controls evaluation and testing as well as analyzes third party controls – SSAE18 and Service Organization Control (SOC) reports, internal audits and other special requests. Advises and consults on assigned projects. Performs standard to complex audits on information systems, platforms and operating procedures in accordance with established corporate standards for efficiency, accuracy and security. Evaluates IT infrastructure in terms of risk to the organization and establishes controls to mitigate loss. Determines and recommends improvements in current risk management controls and implementation of system changes or upgrades.
IT Audit Support (100%)
• Performs standard to complex audits on information systems, platforms and operating procedures as directed.
• Evaluates IT infrastructure in terms of risk to the organization and establishes controls to mitigate loss.
• Determines and recommends improvements in current risk management controls and implementation of system changes or upgrades.
• Leads and provides guidance to the IT Auditor(s).
• Performs IT general control testing activities including:
o Control design review;
o Assembling data and information requests; and
o Data analysis.
• Evaluates evidence collected from control design tests and operating effectiveness analyses; communicates results.
• Assembles status and other analyses required to test compliance with SOX 404 and other compliance topics; includes SSAE18 and SOC report reviews, Summary of Aggregated Deficiencies (SAD) reporting, and framework analysis.
• Performs IT internal audits as defined by annual internal audit plan and special projects.
CORE / CRITICAL COMPETENCIES
Demonstrates a Commitment to Service Excellence, Trustworthiness and Integrity
• Acts within and upholds the SCI Code of Conduct and Dignity Promise Standards and demonstrates corporate values
• Is trusted by others; keeps commitments to others
• Comes up with new ways to look at problems and processes in their work
• Works productively with minimal supervision; achieves work objectives in a timely manner
• Works to resolve routine problems promptly and effectively
• Is open to new and different ways to accomplish work
• Responds positively and productively to new initiatives or changes in priorities
• Conveys facts and information clearly in written and spoken communications
• Shares viewpoints and information openly and listens attentively to others’ ideas and suggestions
• Communicates in a timely and effective manner with manager and team
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to interact with all levels of management
Collaborate with Others
• Proactively contributes to group objectives; volunteers to help others as needed
• Welcomes ideas and input from others
Build Productive Relationships (Internal / External)
• Relates to others in open and helpful manner; consistently treats others with respect
• Maintains composure in challenging situations
Requirements & Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Business (Accounting or Management Information Systems)
• Professional certification (CPA, CISA, CIA)
• Typically requires a minimum four (4) years of IT auditing experience
• Public accounting and large industry experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Familiar with standard IT auditing concepts, practices, and procedures
• General understanding of technology, information risk concepts and audit documentation
• Good understanding and practical application of the professional standards governing the audit process
• Able to perform under pressure
• Strong organization, analytical and data analysis skills
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of products (e.g., Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Exceptional presentation and business-writing skills (MS Office)
• Familiar with auditing software tools (e.g. ACL, IDEA, TeamMate, etc.)
• Self-motivated, results oriented professional
When considering the work environment associated with this job, the following factors may apply:
• Work indoors during all seasons and weather conditions
• Limited amount of local and/or multiple location traveling required
• Professional dress is required Professional dress is required
• Ability to travel up to 25%
When considering the work postures associated with this job, the following factors may apply:
• Sitting continuously for many hours per day, up to 6 hours per day
When considering the physical demands associated with this job, the following factors may apply:
• Physical effort requiring manual dexterity is required, includes paperwork, calculators, computers and phone usage
When considering the work hours associated with this job, the following factors may apply:
• Working beyond “standard” hours as the need arises
Who we are. What we do.
We’re more than North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters who are devoted to the communities where we live and work. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals who provide caring assistance to families in need, honor veterans and public servants and deliver lifesaving programs to help keep children and seniors safe.
We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. We believe creating meaningful ways to pay tribute to a loved one begins with compassion and is shaped by the understanding that each life is truly unique. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one’s life.
- Health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan with company match
- Vacation and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Funeral discounts, and more
SCI offers advanced on-line training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality. For additional information regarding our company, please visit our corporate site at www.sci-corp.com.
As used herein, “SCI” refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliated companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V