Service Corporation International
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Corporate - Construction Manager
at Service Corporation International
- Associate Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Construction and Real Estate
Overview & Responsibilities
Responsible for managing multiple simultaneous commercial construction projects in assigned region and delivering projects on-time, within budget, and to specifications. Performs construction due diligence including but not limited to comprehending concept drawings, assessing project scope, identifying project and vendor requirements, developing timeline, soliciting bids, and assessing bids. Reviews bids with Market Management, ascertains approved budget, and communicates vendors selected/awarded. Build successful working relationships with SCI Market Management in order to provide construction management services to that region.
100% Construction Management
- Manages new construction and/or remodel investment costs exceeding $150k including compliance with federal/state/local ordinances, American Disabilities Act (ADA), Quality Assurance.
- Ongoing monitors expenditures and projections against budget, rectifying issues and approving invoices. Oversees construction contracts, materials log, permits, and change orders. Assures contractual compliance of materials and workmanship. Secures required inspections and approvals.
- Regularly conducts onsite construction meetings with vendors and/or management to assess progress, provide feedback, identify issues, and determine solutions; prepares agenda and facilitates discussions. Maintains professional and successful working relationships with vendors.
- Closes out projects and evaluates vendor’s performance.
- Identifies cost savings; encourages new ideas or initiatives; and balances time, resources, and quality requirements to achieve business goals. Responsible for construction site.
- Reviews proposed Real Estate purchases including surveys, site inspections, contract review or similar and addresses issues or concerns with Real Estate group.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or equivalent required.
- At least five (5) years construction management experience; ability to demonstrate successful new and remodel projects delivered on-time and within budget.
- Requires experience with city ordinances, zoning regulations, entitlements, permits, etc.
- Real Estate experience including understanding site evaluations, surveys, contracts and similar a plus
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to travel within region up to 50% of time; may require overnight travel
- Ability to interface with other departments and field operations
- Ability to establish timelines and budgets and to “project manage” against same.
- Demonstrable creativity, foresight, and mature construction judgment in anticipating and solving unprecedented construction problems
- Work days may be long to meet business and scheduling requirements.
Who we are. What we do.
We’re more than North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters who are devoted to the communities where we live and work. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals who provide caring assistance to families in need, honor veterans and public servants and deliver lifesaving programs to help keep children and seniors safe.
We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. We believe creating meaningful ways to pay tribute to a loved one begins with compassion and is shaped by the understanding that each life is truly unique. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one’s life.
- Health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan with company match
- Vacation and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Funeral discounts, and more
SCI offers advanced on-line training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality. For additional information regarding our company, please visit our corporate site at www.sci-corp.com.
As used herein, “SCI” refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliated companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V