Service Corporation International
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Corporate - Communications Specialist
at Service Corporation International
- Associate Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Corporate Communications
Overview & Responsibilities
Great opportunity to be part of a dynamic, fast-paced, talented team of communications professionals.
- Create, implement and oversee communications programs that effectively define and promote Service Corporation International and its brands, products and services.
- Manage a variety of external communications activities including responding to inbound media and field inquiries and developing and/or executing appropriate response(s), including liaising with management or legal, as needed.
- Manage proactive media outreach campaigns including content creation, development of targeted media outreach lists and media pitching in support of national and regional company initiatives.
- Perform writing services within defined subject areas for a variety of strategic communication vehicles, including, but not limited to trade publications, media releases and statements, and collateral materials produced by Corporate Communications.
- Respond to inbound media inquiries and develop and/or execute appropriate response(s), including liaising with management or legal, as needed
- Serve as on-call media contact for media line after hours and on weekends and holidays on a rotational basis
- Develop or assist in the development of responses to sensitive crisis issues involving company locations by providing media coaching, developing talking points and/or providing written statements to media
- Provide media relations and communications support to the company’s network of more than 2,000 funeral, cremation and cemetery service providers
- Provide communications counsel to field operations and other corporate departments
- Promote the Dignity Memorial and other Service Corporation International brands in all proactive external communications
- Execute proactive national public relations in support of the corporate marketing plan
- Manage public relations logistics for community outreach initiatives of the Dignity Memorial network
- Establish, maintain and manage cooperative relationships with vendors on specific communication projects and initiatives
- Contribute to and support management of the company’s external corporate website
- Direct development of, manage and support company’s community outreach initiatives
- Contribute articles and other content to the company’s internal communications materials, including the company’s internal newsletters and intranet
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications or related field
- Minimum three years of experience in corporate communications and/or public relations
- Client service mindset; corporate or agency background
- Media relations experience
- Strong written and verbal skills, attention to detail, presentation skills and an ability to manage multiple projects and multiple deadlines
- Able to work across all levels of the organization including field and corporate leadership
- Experience developing, writing and distributing a variety of public relations materials, developing targeted media lists and pitching story ideas to the media nationwide
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to accomplish tasks on deadline
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in media list building and monitoring service tools
- Strong interpersonal skills
Who we are. What we do.
We’re more than North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters who are devoted to the communities where we live and work. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals who provide caring assistance to families in need, honor veterans and public servants and deliver lifesaving programs to help keep children and seniors safe.
We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. We believe creating meaningful ways to pay tribute to a loved one begins with compassion and is shaped by the understanding that each life is truly unique. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one’s life.
- Health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan with company match
- Vacation and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Funeral discounts, and more
SCI offers advanced on-line training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality. For additional information regarding our company, please visit our corporate site at www.sci-corp.com.
As used herein, “SCI” refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliated companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V