Service Corporation International
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Corporate - Benefits Analyst
at Service Corporation International
- Associate Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Human Resources
Overview & Responsibilities
Responsible for researching, evaluating and administering company benefit programs that attract and retain associates while ensuring compliance with all federal and state regulations. Functions as a liaison between Associate Service Center and Corporate Benefits.
- Knowledgeable of the SCI Health, Wellness, Retirement and Total Absence Management programs to assist the Associate Service Center with questions/issues.
- Serve as point of escalation for the Associate Service Center.
- Support administration of other benefits programs such as: Sam Lucas Scholarship, wellness, time-off.
- Assist with fulfillment of ACA requirements.
- Assist with benefit projects to include new program implementation and vendor integrations
- Review and complete data reconciliation on a weekly, bi-weekly, monthly or annually against provider census to ensure enrollments are matching between Workday and providers within a timely manner.
- Ensures that all exception/errors reports generated from inbound and outbound integrations are worked and corrected in a timely manner.
- Responsible for completion of federal filings (5500s, PCORI fee, transition reinsurance fee)
- Assist with collection and maintaining records, files and historical documentation to ensure accurate and total compliance with SOX audit requirements
- Audits and processes payment invoices for each provider of benefit services.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining internal process documents.
- Assist in system testing.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business or Comparable Degree or equivalent work experience.
- CEBS or CBP Preferred
- 4 years of benefits related experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proficient in Microsoft office tools to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proficient problem solving and decision making skills.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Proficient knowledge of benefit terms and the laws and regulations (federal, state and local) related to benefit plans such as ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA, ADA, FMLA and the interrelationship of each.
- Proficient in HRIS/Payroll systems in one or more of the following:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills (includes ability to modify communication style based on circumstance, ability to influence others).
- Ability to multi-task between competing priorities.
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels of the company.
- Ability to work in an effective team environment (includes ability to work independently and in group setting, ability to acknowledge another’s point of view, and perhaps modify one’s own accordingly).
- Detail oriented and demonstrated commitment to completing assigned responsibilities with a high level of accuracy and timeliness.
- Strong demonstration of flexibility and adaptability (flexible when things change, open to new ideas and concepts, champions change).
Who we are. What we do.
We’re more than North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters who are devoted to the communities where we live and work. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals who provide caring assistance to families in need, honor veterans and public servants and deliver lifesaving programs to help keep children and seniors safe.
We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. We believe creating meaningful ways to pay tribute to a loved one begins with compassion and is shaped by the understanding that each life is truly unique. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one’s life.
- Health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan with company match
- Vacation and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Funeral discounts, and more
SCI offers advanced on-line training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality. For additional information regarding our company, please visit our corporate site at www.sci-corp.com.
As used herein, “SCI” refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliated companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V