Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
Sensus, a Xylem brand, helps a wide range of public service providers – from utilities to cities to industrial complexes and campuses – do more with their infrastructure to improve quality of life in their communities. We enable our customers to reach farther through the application of technology and data-driven insights that deliver efficiency and responsiveness. We partner with them to anticipate and respond to evolving business needs with innovation in sensing and communications technologies, data analytics and services. Learn more at sensus.com and follow @SensusGlobal on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire a Program Manager who will be responsible for planning, scheduling and managing programs, which include the deployment of multiple advanced AMI systems across a large customer service territory. The ideal candidate will be someone who desires to make a difference in the conservation of global resources. Ideally the individual will have experience deploying multiple medium to large scale projects simultaneously and have a functional understanding of the technology used for Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) systems in the Electric, Water, Gas, DA and Lighting utility markets. Cellular or RF network experience is a plus. This person must demonstrate effective leadership, strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate clearly and concisely with diverse audiences and possess strong organizational skills with a keen attention to detail. Excellent communication and presentation skills are essential. The individual must be goal oriented, have strong analytical skills, and be able to work both in the field and in office environments. Daily personal contact with customers, contractors, and internal support staff is the norm. Travel, onsite time and field assignments are usually based on contractual requirements or driven by program status, product needs or client expectations (expect 50% of your work time to be at a customer site).
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of Project Staff that manages and supports the delivery of projects and programs to ensure quality, on-schedule and on-budget completion.
- Direct a team of Project Staff and contractors to actively manage the project plan, deliverables, dependencies and outcome of assigned projects to ensure projects are on-schedule and on budget.
- Work collaboratively with all internal and external stakeholders to manage and meet expectations.
- Develop internal relationships to support the overall growth and success of Sensus' Operations group, mentor peer and mid-level staff, and steward client satisfaction.
- Provide technical leadership to staff and clients in resolving problems.
- Define and implement project scope and plans in accordance with the contract terms, clients needs, and Sensus’ offerings from prospect development through project planning, execution and closeout.
- Maintain highest quality reports and project deliverables that exceed both client and internal expectations by implementing a deliverable quality assurance review appropriate to the project size and scope.
- Manage program staff, contractors, invoicing, schedule and budget.
- Operate as the face of Sensus to the customer and work with Customer management to ensure they are kept informed of schedule and issues.
- Responsible for hiring staff and developing/implementing plans to support the assigned program.
- Coordinate and communicate routinely with Sensus executives on revenue forecasting and program status.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline or equivalent
- 15 years’ experience with at least 10 years of Utility Industry experience
- PMP designation is a bonus but not necessary.
- Must have experience leading and mentoring teams of Project Mangers or Engineers or industry related staff
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel: 50% -75%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.