Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Terminal Operator Trainee-HFOTCO
at SemGroup Corporation
The Operator Trainee is an entry level position that creates value by observing and learning multiple positions within the terminal. Responsible for assisting in the successful internal and external movement of product through the facility. Daily activities are assigned with input from the shift A-Operator. This position reports to the Shift Supervisor.
• Line up pumps and lines for loading/unloading of tank railcars and tank trucks.
• Complete all operational paperwork as required.
• Loading/unloading of tank railcars and tank trucks.
• Stand dock watch when loading or unloading vessels.
• Connect and disconnect dock hoses or loading arms to vessels for loading or unloading.
• Gauge, sample and take temperatures on tank railcars and tank trucks.
• Operate dock crane for hose connecting and disconnecting.
• Know and understand emergency response operation procedures, firefighting, spill containment measures and clean-up procedures.
• Comply with the Operations and Spill Response procedures and company safety policies and procedures.
• Perform general housekeeping duties necessary to maintain clean work areas.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
• Assist with other duties or special projects as directed by the Shift Supervisor/Lead Operator.Requirements
• Basic understanding of industrial operations and basic mathematical ability.
• Ability to read and comprehend Standard Operating Procedures, SDS sheets and other technical documents.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Experience in terminal operations preferred but not required.
• Must be available for on-call as scheduled • Must have a valid Driver’s license
• Must be able to obtain a TWIC card
Working conditions vary and employee may encounter vibration, noise, odors, and extremes in temperature and wind as well as exposure to varied weather, varied surfaces, sharp edges, varied lighting and confined and congested areas. Occasionally exposure to petroleum - based products such as crude oil, gasoline, diesel fuel, fuel oil, and grease as well as an array of other petroleum products and their by products.
• Ability to stand, sit, walk, and maintain balance for extensive periods of time.
• Ability to frequently lift up to 40 lbs from floor to above shoulder and horizontally, and carry objects up to 100 feet. Occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to perform repetitive tasks; climb (e.g., ladders and stairs, etc.), stretch, turn, twist, reach; bend, crouch, squat, kneel and stoop for extensive periods of time.
• Ability to use a variety of light to heavy tools necessary to conduct plant operations.
• Ability to operate crane and other equipment necessary for loading and unloading product.
• Ability to operate all types of company vehicles.