Schuff Steel Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Schuff Steel Company
- Schuff Steel - Gulf Coast
- Humble, TX, USA
- Full Time
Assists workers engaged in fabrication of structural or metal products by performing the following duties as needed and required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lifts, positions, and removes workpieces from machines to assist in fitting and welding.
- Loads, stacks, and transports stock, tools, dies, and work in process by hand or truck.
- Cleans and scrapes metal preparatory to fabricating, welding, painting, or shipping.
- Picks up and trucks scrap from work areas.
- Cleans work area, machines, tools, and equipment.
- Perform other routine duties.
- Assist fellow employees as directed.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), and/or 12 months experience.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Equipment generally used includes but is not limited to overhead cranes, forklifts and hand grinders.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 57 lbs. The employee must occasionally push and/or pull a maximum force of 200 ft-lb. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Close mental and visual application required to interpret drawings, layout, plan work, and weld. Good judgment in determining best method and procedure to be followed. Able to work on jobs while applying safety rules at all times.
AAP/EEO STATEMENT Schuff Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.