Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Systems Engineer
at Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric™creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations.Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment:https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
We are looking for creativeprofessionals to join our Smart Grid IT team and work on World biggest ADMSprojects with us.
IT Systems Engineer
We are looking for strong candidates that will become members of Datacenter and IT Security team based in North West Houston, TX. Main responsibilities of the team include:
- Design expansions and improvements to existing data center to support new business needs
- Implement or oversee implementation of new HW and SW solutions in data center and DR location
- Ensure top notch cyber security of datacenter resources and services
- Monitor, report on, maintain all datacenter resources and suggest expansions and improvementsProfile: Data Center Experience a must
- We seek for creative candidates that have ability to see overall picture and be strong team member.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent knowledge
- Experience in administering business computer networks
- Experience with enterprise multitenant server/client virtualization environments (Hyper-V, VMware, Citrix, etc.)
- Experience with enterprise systems administering, monitoring and reporting tolls such as Microsoft Systems Center technologies and similar/equivalent
- Experience with designing, implementing and maintaining at least two of enterprise cyber security solutions such as Firewalls, HIPS, NIDS, Antivirus, two-factor authentication, SIEM, etc.
- Experience with identity management and authentication and authorization control through Microsoft Active Directory and similar concepts
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, fluent in English
- Willingness to learnAdvantages:
- Microsoft Certification such as MCSA, MCSE, etc. (focus on enterprise infrastructure)
- CCNA or other networking related certifications
- CISSP or other cyber security certifications
- Master's degree in computer sciences
What you can expect:
- Schneider Electric's desirable global benefits plan
- Dynamic global working environment and great career opportunity through Schneider Electric's programs
- Environment to learn and excel
- Occasional domestic and international travels to further education training sites and datacenter DR locations
- Collaboration with top World experts in ADMS industry
- Possibility to quickly gain wide and deep comprehension of ADMS and IT knowledge in smart grid solutions
- Collaboration with IT experts in ADMS field from our company
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.