Schneider Downs & Co., Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Driver Training Manager
at Schneider Downs & Co., Inc.
Schneider has an immediate need for a passionate and safety oriented individual to join our team as of the Bulk Training Manager. In this role, you will provide leadership to a diverse team of trainers and administrative support in Houston, Reserve and Savannah. You will be accountable for facilitating new driver onboarding and executing training programs as designed and recommending training adjustments to better meet the needs of the learners and our organization. Additionally, you will manage the staffing volumes, based on business needs, and coordinate with outside vendors and customers to ensure the best value for our organization. Lastly, you will define, track and report key training metrics to ensure we are providing best in class training for our drivers and are responsible for the overall success and delivery of those key metrics. You will be required to travel 10-15% of the time. This position will set you on your way to a career of interesting challenges and limitless opportunities.
By choosing a career with Schneider, we improve your life by offering …
- Annual profit sharing bonuses available
- Strong work/life balance that includes paid holidays and generous personal time off
- Medical, dental and vision insurance plus company-paid life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company match plus a company-paid retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement and free financial service assistance
- Health Care Spending Account
- Resilient, values-based culture that drives safety, integrity in every action, respect and excellence in all we do
- Individual development opportunities through company-paid training, active leadership involvement and more than 170 online personal development courses
Our preferred candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree required
- 3-5 years of successful experience in Operations, Customer Service or Maintenance management
- 1-3 years of training experience preferred
- Strong analytical skills along with excellent problem identification, resolution skills and identifying trends.
- Ability to build strong business partnerships.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to bring a group to consensus and foster a team environment
- Experience using Microsoft software and data base management
- Ability to work extended schedules to include some nights and weekends
- Proven self management – ability to perform with minimal supervision
Schneider is a premier provider of truckload, logistics and intermodal services. Offering the broadest portfolio of services in the industry, Schneider's solutions include Van Truckload, Dedicated, Regional, and Bulk, Intermodal, Transportation Management, Supply Chain Management, Warehousing and Port Logistics services. A $3.8 billion company, Schneider has provided expert transportation and logistics solutions for over 80 years.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with honesty, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our commitment to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world. Apply today! http://www.schneiderjobs.com
We are an equal opportunity employer.