Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at SAVAGE COMPANIES
- Job ID
- Employment Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Skilled Labor
Gulf Sulphur Services, an established materials management company, is seeking a Process/Equipment Operator to work at our Sulphur Handling Operation located in Galveston, Texas. At this Operation we handle sulphur for various customers with the biggest being Mosaic, one of the largest manufacturers of fertilizer in North America.
This position is full time/shift work will be required. Must be willing to work overtime as workload dictates, nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
Must be able to:
- Work safety and efficiently with minimal supervision
- Operate sulphur priller or melter
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment
- Equipment operation (skidsteer, forklift, loaders, etc.)
- Perform inventory management
- Complete logs/documentation as it relates to monitoring/operating process equipment
Ideal candidate will have possess these skills:
- Detail oriented
- Able to work outdoors year round in all conditions
- Possess excellent mechanical skills
- Possession of a TWIC card ID required OR ability to obtain one
- Becomes an active participant in the Safety program, including involvement in Communication meetings
- Willing to do any and all tasks that require attention
- Learn new skills that will help you perform job safer, better and more efficiently
- Must have exception aptitude to learn and abide by processes /procedures and conduct numerous transfers of hazardous materials each days
- Be a Team Player, commit to showing up on your scheduled shifts and provide value to the Operation while working as part of a Team
Ideal candidate will have experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Material Handling
- Equipment Operation
- Read, write and comprehend English
- Possess basic math skills.
- Must have strong mechanical skills, experience working with your hands
- Solid work history and excellent references
- Prior experience handling hazardous materials a plus
- Must pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen and background check
- Personal Protective Equipment must be worn at all
- Be able to walk several miles per day
- Be able to lift 50 lbs without assistance
- Be able to climb/stoop/crawl
- Be able to work on elevated surfaces
With more than 70 years’ experience in hundreds of locations across North America and internationally, Savage is a trusted partner for safely moving and managing mission-critical materials with worry-free consistency while creating value for our Customers. Savage specializes in rail, truck and marine transportation, logistics, materials handling and other industrial and environmental services. We Hire Right, Train Right and Treat Right, and strive to provide our Team Members with opportunities to do things they never dreamed possible.
Savage offers competitive benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, a retirement plan, paid time off and opportunities for growth.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.