Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Survey Project Manager (Oil & Gas)
at SAM, inc.
- Job ID
- Job Location
Founded in 1994, SAM, LLC has become one of the largest geospatial services companies in North America and is an undisputed leader in providing geospatial solutions to a wide variety of industries. SAM is a technology leader that offers professional land surveying services, digital aerial mapping, terrestrial, mobile, and airborne LiDAR, hydrographic surveying, subsurface utility engineering (SUE), utility coordination, geographic information systems (GIS), and construction phase services. As part of the SAM Family of Companies, SAM's partner companies include SAM-Construction Services, LLC (SAM-CS) and SO-DEEP | SAM NC, Inc. SAM is a Top Workplace that offers excellent benefits, professional development, and growth opportunities for employees across a wide range of positions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Establish work plan and staffing requirements for multiple large-scale oil & gas projects
- Oversees writing of scope, budget, and QAQC
- Participate in planning and implement procedures and systems to maximize operating efficiency
- Review performance data (financial, budgets, sales and activity reports) to monitor and measure productivity, goal progress and activity levels
- Monitor and develop professional staff to maximize their potential
- Develop (Senior level) or aid in the development of RFQs and fee proposals
- Establish plans and strategies to expand the customer base in the market area
- Develop and conduct presentations to clients and other critical stakeholders
- Effectively interface with sub-consultants and as well as other business relationships
- Provide support to other operational units as needed
- Conduct self and team members in alignment with company policies and strategic initiatives.
- Represent company interests while in meetings and trade shows as needed
- Additional projects as needed
Required Experience - Education and Skills
- 7+ years of industry related work experience in a professional or management capacity, preferably oil & gas survey
- RPLS preferred, but not required
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline/and or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to clearly define assignments/deliverables to team members
- Ability to oversee, mentor and motivate a project team
- Ability to meet or exceed aggressive deadlines while maintaining teamwork and collaboration with others
- Demonstrated experience in project/phase management for large scale projects
- Demonstrated leadership skills to manage multiple registered surveyors, technicians and field crews to deliver multi-disciplinary projects
- Demonstrated success in business development, marketing, and networking
- Successful experience in contract negotiations, budgets, and fee estimates
A strong mission, vision and values culture is what drives SAM Companies’ success. Our Core Values: Integrity & Ethics, People, Excellence in Service, Safety and Community defines who we are. We are looking for talented people who embody these values to join our organization.
We offer a best in class benefits package that includes company paid premiums for medical, vision, dental and life insurance. SAM provides a VERY generous 401 (k) plan, 401 (k) profit sharing AND performance-based bonuses. Come join our team of professionals that are leading the way for the construction industry!
SAM is an EOE/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAM and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an e-mail to email@example.com. SAM, LLC is not seeking nor intends to consider neither unsolicited resumes nor other information on job candidates from third parties, such as recruiters, placement agencies, etc. If, despite this notification, a third party decides to submit a candidate's resume or other information to SAM and SAM chooses to hire such a candidate, SAM has no obligation and expressly disclaims any liability to provide any remuneration or compensation for the hiring of such candidate. Surveying And Mapping, LLC (SAM) participates in the federal E-Verify Program.