S & B Engineers and Constructors, Ltd.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SPC/IPP Craft Planner - Houston, TX
at S & B Engineers and Constructors, Ltd.
- Hiring Location: Company
- S&B Engineers and Constructors, Ltd.
- Job ID
The SPC/IPP Craft Planner will report directly to the AWP/IPP Site Planner Manager. The SPC/IPP Craft Planner will be responsible for developing CWP’s and IWP’s work packages in SmartPlant Construction software.
Requires a high school diploma or equivalent, a two-year technical degree (or equivalent working knowledge/experience).
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Advanced experience developing installation work packages in SmartPlant Construction software
- Advanced experience reading detailed engineered drawings
- Advanced experience tracking and reporting progress
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop installation work packages in SmartPlant Construction software
- Key enter progress into SmartPlant Construction at the component level
Ability to read, analyze and interpret engineering design drawings, technical procedures, specifications, government regulations, business correspondence and manuals. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedures. Ability to effectively verbally communicate directions to craft employees and supervisors. Respond to questions from fellow workers and managers.
- Ability to calculate manpower needs and crew efficiency indexes, (I.E) from numerical and statistical data
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations
- Ability to solve basic trigonometry and geometry calculations
- Ability to develop CWP’s and IWP’s in SmartPlant construction
- Basic user experiance in Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to develop, review and issue various computerized reports
- Ability to produce basic formula calculations in Microsoft Excel, (Sum, Sumif and Vlookup) statements.
- Ability to review computer outputs and diagnosis computer errors
Ability to stand, walk, reach, climb and balance. Lifting up to 50 Lbs. Vision must be clear at close and distance with depth perception and the ability to focus.
Normal work environment will be construction sites within operating plants. This will require exposure to outdoor weather conditions, loud noise, working near moving mechanical parts, electrical energy, construction equipment, vibration, fumes, chemicals and airborne particles.