S & B Engineers and Constructors, Ltd.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Transportation Project Manager - Houston, TX
at S & B Engineers and Constructors, Ltd.
- Hiring Location: Company
- S&B Infrastructure, Ltd
- Job ID
This position may carry the functional title of Project Manager and has overall responsibility for the engineering design and procurement of medium to large projects. Is expected to become proficient in construction management. May be assigned as Project Manager of EPC projects or alliances. Must be fully competent in the use of the S&B Project Management Manual, and be able to perform the duties as described in PM-111, "Project Engineer/Manager Responsibilities
The Project Manager is responsible for the overall quality and timeliness of the work of all engineering personnel assigned to the project including the coordination of the discipline leads, Project Engineers and Project Leads. He is also responsible for the personnel in engineering support groups performing procurement functions and tracking cost, progress and schedule.
Normally requires a 4-year BS degree in engineering, or registration as a licensed professional engineer.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Requires a minimum of 12 years total experience, 4 in one or more of the discipline areas, or in an engineering support role, and 8 years as a Project Engineer I, II or III or Project Lead I, II, or III. Equivalent working knowledge and experience may substitute for work in a discipline. Must have working knowledge of the various software packages and automated engineering and reporting systems used at S&B
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Acts as primary interface with the client and must be responsive to his needs.
- Must develop close relationships with his clients thru the use of teambuilding to achieve alignment and to confirm/establish goals and objectives.
- Must be familiar with S&B's lessons learned database and be able to apply appropriate lessons to his client's projects.
- Must establish open and effective communications with client's senior management.
- Works with client in approval process for all drawings, specifications, etc.
- Ensures a well defined overall project scope
- Establishes required project organization and works with department heads on staffing
- Oversees development of cost estimate for engineering and procurement
- Conducts project kick-off meeting with members of the team
- Conducts regular meetings with design team and the client.
- Is responsible for overall job progress, cost and schedule.
- Conducts and distributes Project Quality Evaluation Report
- Administers early project planning procedure and develops execution plan
- Develops and issues Project Instruction Manual
- Assures implementation of Total Quality Management
- Initiates Quantity Based Trending
- Assists Procurement on matters of warranty, taxes, etc.
- Approves all invoices for payment
- Participates in proposals and sales presentations
- Initiates project close-out
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as cost and schedule risk analysis and estimating techniques such as ICARUS.
Normal work environment will be a business office with moderate noise. Occasionally, will conduct or participate in field trips to existing plants. This requires the ability to stand, walk, reach, climb and balance. Lifting of 25 pounds may be required.
Normal work environment will be a business office with moderate noise. Occasionally, will be required to work in an operating plant or at a construction site. This may require exposure to outdoor weather conditions, loud noise, work near moving mechanical parts, electrical energy, construction equipment, vibration, fumes, chemicals and airborne particles.