S & B Engineers and Constructors, Ltd.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Subcontracts Administrator - Houston, TX
at S & B Engineers and Constructors, Ltd.
- Hiring Location: Company
- S&B Engineers and Constructors, Ltd.
- Job ID
Independently performs a variety of assignments involving subcontracting duties and responsibilities for projects involving high dollar, technically unique items or critical product lines. Job role may perform the duties of the lead Subcontracts representative on smaller and/or less complex projects. This role must be fully competent in all conventional phases of subcontracting and be capable of planning and conducting tasks requiring independent judgment in the evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard subcontracting techniques, procedures, and criteria. This role has a direct impact upon cost containment, efficiency and the profitability of operations and may involve direct interface with clients.
Generally will direct the activities of and/or advise less experienced subcontracts personnel and administrative support personnel unless serving in a stand alone role.
Normally requires a 4 year degree in Business Administration (or related curriculum). In lieu of a degree, 10 years of equivalent experience in construction related procurement and subcontract activities is also acceptable.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Requires a minimum of seven (7) years of related procurement and subcontracts experience. The ability to type and proficiency in standard Microsoft Office products is required.
The role of Sr. Subcontracts Administrator is to collaborate within a multi-discipline team in an effort to fully develop, deliver and complete a successful project. As part of this collaborative effort, this role requires the presence of the individual working within a group setting, with regular interaction during meetings and one on one, face to face discussions with other individuals on the team on a daily basis.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the development of Project Subcontracting Plans and Project Subcontracts Procedures.
- Assist in the development of Project Bidders List.
- Consults with engineering and construction management to clarify material and scope of work requirements.
- Prepare and submit request for quotations.
- Discuss needs with subcontractors, review subcontractor's alternate suggestions, and make recommendations to project/construction management with respect to cost reductions, better deliveries, and sales terms.
- Consult with subcontractors and project engineers regarding technical suitability of equipment and work methods.
- Analyze quotations and select suppliers.
- Makes commitments and negotiates prices and delivery terms.
- Secures quotations and develops cost information for proposals.
- Creates bid tabulation forms and other procurement documents
- Obtain routine cost information for estimating purposes
- Enters and distributes subcontracts and other procurement documents.
- Solicit information from subcontractors regarding their capabilities and qualifications and update the supplier database of information.
LANGUAGE AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS:
The ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical bulletins and government regulations are essential requirements for this role. The ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals will also be a regular requirement for this role. The ability to effectively deliver oral presentations and to respond to questions from groups of managers, engineers, clients and subcontractors will be a daily requirement for this role. Job success often hinges upon interpersonal communication and relationship development skills. Job tasks require frequent interchange and the successful completion of job tasks depends in large part upon effective interaction and communication with others.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Occasionally, will participate in a field trip to job site and may be assigned to a job-site for months at a time. This requires the ability to stand, walk, reach, climb and balance. Lifting up to 25 pounds may be required.
Normally will work in an office environment, but occasionally will participate in a field trip to job site and may be assigned to a job-site for months at a time which may require exposure to outdoor weather conditions, loud noise, fumes, and airborne particles.