S & B Engineers and Constructors, Ltd.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Safety Inspector - Houston, TX
at S & B Engineers and Constructors, Ltd.
- Hiring Location: Company
- S&B Engineers and Constructors, Ltd.
- Job ID
High school education or General Educational Development (GED) equivalent or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
On the job training serving as learner or trainee on the job under the instruction of a qualified worker.
Must have medical credentials of PA, nurse, P-EMT, E-MT or 1st Responder.
Knowledgeable in OSHA record keeping regulations and industry safety best practices.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reports to Safety Supervisor or Field Safety Manager.
- Assists in achieving Zero Accidents, prevents LTA's.
- Reports to Health and Safety Coordinator and/or Safety Manager, depending on site requirements or specific directions.
- Must be EMT, or EMT-P certified or minimum: 1st aid responder.
- Will keep all medical supplies updated, organized and sanitary.
- Conduct random drug screens as instructed by Safety Supervisor or Field Safety Manager.
- Provides care for all injured employees.
- Work with company doctor to coordinate proper care of injured employees.
- Transport injured employees to and from doctor appointments as directed.
- Stay with the injured employees until the doctor care is complete, and retrieve all associated reports, releases, etc.
- Maintains first aid log and documents as required.
- Occasionally, the employee may be required to switch activities and be flexible with alteration in other safety areas based on the needs of the project.
- The employee will notify their supervisor immediately when there is a breach of safety to personnel and/or equipment because of unsafe behaviors or defective equipment.
- Knowedgable of all safety related codes, i.e., disaster drill, emergency plan.
- Demonstrates safe work habits and does not create hazardous situations within the work environment.
- May be required to wear proper clothing: gloves, slicker suit, rubber footwear, hearing protection, respiratory protection, safety glasses or goggles, hard hat and steel toe shoes.
- Must be punctual in arriving for scheduled work time. Any changes in schudule must be approved by supervisor.
- Breach of any company policy will be grounds for disciplinary action or termination of employment.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before clients or employees of organization.
Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend instructions in English; other language(s) a plus.
Ability to effectively present information in a one-on-one setting to fellow employees.
Apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in or form standardized situations.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Standing - Remaining on one's feet in an upright position at a work station without moving about for sustained periods of time.
Walking - Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances. Must be able to walk on various surfaces such as wet, rocky, uneven or shifting, concrete, or mud.
Sitting - Remaining in a seated position.
Talking - Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
Occasionally must carry or move an injured victim using hands or arms weighing 200 lbs. (+/-) for varying distance of 50 feet or may depend on location or area hazard.
Must have clarity of vision at 20 feet or more.
Must make visual comparisons and discriminations and see slight differences in shapes and shadings of figures in width and/or length lines.
Frequently sitting with forward head and rounded back working at a desk.
The worker is subject to both environmental conditions: if the activities occur inside or outside in approximately equal amounts.
None: The worker may be exposed to adverse environmental conditions such as in a plant setting.
- Typically 9 -12 hours per day
- Lunch: 30 minutes
- Subject to 4-10's, 5-10's, 6-10's, 7-10's and shift work (night and day)