S & B Engineers and Constructors, Ltd.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Oracle APEX Applications Developer - Houston, TX
at S & B Engineers and Constructors, Ltd.
- Hiring Location: Company
- S&B Engineers and Constructors, Ltd.
- Job ID
May provide technical guidance for up to 5 less experienced Analysts Programmers. May supervise user training efforts for up to 10 users.
Four-year college degree in related field or equivalent
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Requires a minimum of 7 years experience in computer application systems programming and analysis using related technical tools and software applications.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interfaces directly with managers and other key personnel in an effort to thoroughly understand opportunities to use computer technology to dramatically improve business processes.
- Writes, tests, implements and maintains detailed instruction sets called software programs that computers must follow to perform functions.
- Conceives, designs and tests logical structures for solving problems with computers.
- Communicates application system requirements to Database Administrators and Operations Specialist.
- Leads the task force used to implement new application systems.
- Designs forms and reports based on user requirements.
- Leads the task force involved with training users during and after application system implementation.
- Prepares system flow charts to describe existing or proposed operations.
- Documents application systems according to established standards.
- Learns new related technology developments and includes this new technology within computer applications when appropriate.
- Recommends new technology that can be used to improve the efficiency of business processes and procedures.
- Responsible for structuring programs and the overall application system that meets standard application system security requirements.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical systems design and application system documentation. Ability to present technical presentations in writing and verbally to managers and other key personnel. Presentation skills include basic knowledge of the use of PowerPoint, one-gun projectors, meeting facilitation skills, Visio and Excel charts and other basic graphical presentation tools.
Basic mathematical skills, algebraic equations and trigonometric functions required.
Occasionally, will conduct or participate in a field trip to operating plants, construction sites or other office complexes. This requires the ability to stand, walk, clear close and distance vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
Normal work environment will be a business office with moderate noise. Occasionally, will conduct or participate in a field trip to operating plants, construction sites or other office complexes. This may require exposure to outdoor weather conditions, loud noises, work near moving mechanical parts, electrical energy, construction equipment, vibration, fumes, chemicals and airborne particles.