S & B Engineers and Constructors, Ltd.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Office Manager - Houston, TX
at S & B Engineers and Constructors, Ltd.
- Hiring Location: Company
- S&B Administrative Services, Ltd
- Job ID
The Office Manager is responsible for the administrative duties at the project site. Responsibilities include maintaining field payroll, project incentives, per-diems, project personnel records, issuing PPE (personal protective equipment), field purchasing (this is on the smaller projects when approved by procurement), help coordinate and resolve invoicing issues with on-site construction equipment (both third party rentals and company owned equipment), coordinates with Home Office Accounting to resolve accounting issues e.g. accounts payable, receiving, client invoice, etc. ,project petty cash fund, office supplies, visitor sign-in log and security of files. The Office Manager reports to Construction Operations, in particular the Construction Manager, on a daily basis to set priorities and resolve operation issues concerning the project and to the CFO or designee, from an administrative or functional standpoint to insure approved procedures are followed and proper controls are in place to ensure processing integrity.
Supervises employees handling project payroll processes, timekeeping, field clerks and the jobsite runner.
High School Diploma
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Requires 5 or more years of experience in the Construction industry with working knowledge and experience in the areas of field payroll, field personnel, accounting processes, field purchasing and construction equipment. Some understanding of computer software programs such as Excel and Word.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise and maintain project payroll processes and timekeeping..
- Administer employee project/safety incentives.
- Process employee Per Diems.
- Maintain a jobsite general file of Personnel records.
- Site representative for health insurance and company retirement savings programs.
- Reporting and distribution of historical data on employment and terminations via labor turnover analysis of Field Hired craft personnel.
- On smaller projects, responsible for field purchasing and expediting effort..
- Ensure that field P.O. files are complete, auditable and are in compliance with contract requirements.
- Coordinate with Equipment Manager to ensure proper reporting and control of construction equipment on rent from third parties or the S & B warehouse, including assisting the Home Office resolve invoicing discrepancies.
- Coordinate with Home Office Accounting to resolve any issues (e.g. accounts payable, per diem, invoicing, payroll, etc.)
- Manage site vehicles.
- Monitor fuel consumption logs.
- Administer project petty cash fund.
- Review of inventory systems for small tools, scaffolding, concrete forms, FRC's and welding gas cylinders.
- Maintain inventory of office supplies.
- Assist in plan for project close-out and coordinate applicable storage and achieving of required contractual documents.
- Initiate project visitor sign-in log.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, purchase order terms and conditions and client contracts. Ability to write business correspondence. Ability to respond to questions from employees, vendors, clients and managers.
Basic math skills.
Occasionally, will conduct or participate in a field trip within existing plant. This requires the ability to stand, walk, reach, climb and balance. Lifting up to 25 pounds may be required. It also requires clear close and distance vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
Normally, will be physically located at the jobsite. This may require exposure to outdoor weather conditions, loud noise, work near moving mechanical parts, vibration, fumes, toxic or caustic chemicals and airborne particles.