S & B Engineers and Constructors, Ltd.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
GIS Mapper - Houston, TX
at S & B Engineers and Constructors, Ltd.
- Hiring Location: Company
- S&B Infrastructure, Ltd
- Job ID
Performs phases of design work for a project of moderate size and complexity. The incumbent must be fully competent in all conventional aspects of design and be capable of planning and conducting tasks requiring independent judgment in the evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard design engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria.
May provide coordination and technical guidance to designers, specialists and less experienced engineers, and others who assist in specific assignments.
Bachelor's Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering from an ABET accredited curriculum, or equivalent.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Normally requires a minimum of 7 years of experience in Civil/Structural design (or equivalent working knowledge/experience), and is usually referred to as the senior level of Civil/Structural design. This includes extensive experience in utilizing various computer software packages and automated engineering and design equipment.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Determines client requirements and develops specifications, drawings, instructions, and related documents.
- Reviews vendor drawings for major components.
- Evaluates need for design changes and makes appropriate recommendations.
- Consults with construction personnel concerning design constructability as related to field conditions, sequencing, and scheduling of construction activities.
- Ensures that production of drawings, specifications, reports, and analyses meet scope, schedule, cost and quality requirements.
- May plan, schedule, coordinate, and oversee the work of lower-level engineers and specialists who assist with particular projects.
- Provides conceptual design input for preliminary project estimates.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of clients, managers, designers and engineers.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Occasionally may conduct or participate in a field trip to an operating plant or construction site. This requires normal hearing, the ability to stand, walk, reach, climb and balance, clear close and distance vision, depth perception and the ability to focus. Lifting up to 25 pounds may be required.
Normal work environment will be a business office with moderate noise. Occasionally may visit or be temporarily assigned to work in an operating plant or at a construction site. This may require exposure to outdoor weather conditions, loud noise, work near moving mechanical parts, electrical energy, construction equipment, vibration, fumes, chemicals and airborne particles.