S & B Engineers and Constructors, Ltd.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CADD Operator - Laredo, TX
at S & B Engineers and Constructors, Ltd.
- Hiring Location: Company
- S&B Infrastructure, Ltd
- Job ID
With minimal supervision, performs a variety of moderately-difficult to difficult drafting/design assignments which require the application of advanced drafting and/or fundamental design techniques in accordance with company and industry standards and codes. Detailed instructions are provided by immediate supervisor for assignments involving introduction to basic design concepts.
High school graduate with vo-tech training in basic drafting technology (or equivalent working knowledge/experience), or a 2-year degree in drafting/design technology
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
This is the transitional position where the incumbent is expected to begin developing a working knowledge of fundamental design concepts, but is also expected to be versatile in performing senior-level drafting assignments. Normally requires a high school graduate with vo-tech training in basic drafting technology and minimum 6 years related experience (or equivalent working knowledge/experience), or a 2-year degree in drafting/design technology and 5 years related experience. Incumbent must demonstrate a proficiency in utilizing CADD equipment for a variety of assignments.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares moderately-difficult to difficult engineering and construction drawings for a complete phase of a project, utilizing manual and computer-assisted drafting/design techniques. In most cases, only minimal information and very rough sketches are provided.
- Performs discipline design tasks which regularly require the application of fundamental engineering concepts and mathematical formulas these assignments may include determining material needs and performing necessary calculations using accepted formulas and references, as well as developing and detailing minor design elements which have not been clearly defined in the layouts or sketches.
- Reviews manufacturers/ or fabricators' prints for conformance with contract specifications.
- Performs routine checking and/or verification tasks.
- Supports field assignments as required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before clients or employees of the organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Occasionally may conduct or participate in a field trip to an operating plant or construction site. This requires normal hearing, the ability to stand, walk, reach, climb and balance, clear close and distance vision, depth perception and the ability to focus. Lifting up to 25 pounds may be required.
Normal work environment will be a business office with moderate noise. Occasionally may visit or be temporarily assigned to work in an operating plant or at a construction site. This may require exposure to outdoor weather conditions, loud noise, work near moving mechanical parts, electrical energy, construction equipment, vibration, fumes, chemicals and airborne particles.