Rotech Healthcare, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Customer Service Supervisor - Medical
at Rotech Healthcare, inc.
- Requisition ID
- Position Type
- Active Full-Time
- 15031 WOODHAM DR
- Address 2
- SUITE 360
- Postal Code
Join the Leader in the Home Healthcare Industry! Rotech Healthcare Inc.
Let us be Your Road to Success
We are seeking a dedicated Customer Service Supervisor who wants to be part of a company who makes a difference in patient’s lives. This position will be responsible for overseeing and participating in customer service activities to maintain all Rotech protocols within Rotech’s Policy and Procedures while monitoring related information intake for patients, referral sources, and third party payers.
Why work for Rotech? If we take a look at all the ways employees benefit from working at Rotech, we have a philosophy we like to call: “The Rotech Difference.”
What's the Rotech Difference? It's made up of all the benefits, services and offerings available to Rotech Employees. It is the employee-based strategies that make our company an employer of choice in the healthcare industry. As a member of the Rotech Healthcare Team, employees can take advantage of many great opportunities as part of their career path.
- Complies with all applicable company policies, procedures, and patient protocols
- Complies with all current government/state regulations and professional standards involving patient care and information intake
- Develops and maintains working knowledge of current HME products and services offered by the company and all applicable insurance guidelines respecting eligibility for coverage and reimbursement
- Receives telephone communication from referral sources and customers (including patient intake and obtaining accurate billing information)
- Works cooperatively with physicians, patients, office staff, and other personnel
- Monitors held item for additional information and review
- Maintains ongoing log of referrals and discharges
- Participates in Performance Improvement program to meet company and JCAHO standards
- Assists in securing necessary billing documents and annual oxygen orders on a regular basis
- Conducts quality control checks on subordinate paperwork
- Reviews paperwork for completion and accuracy as it pertains to policy
- Troubleshoots problems regarding orders, supplies, and insurance billing
- Ensures courteous and efficient service is provided to patients and referrals
- Assists in resolving patient equipment problems
- Exercises initiative and sound judgment to obtain desired objectives of all patient services and other patient care areas
- Performs other duties as required
- Customer Service Representatives
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Experience in medical field and administrative record management preferred
- Strong customer service background
- Knowledge of medical terminology, medical billing practices and billing reimbursement
- Knowledge of insurance policies and requirements
- Valid driver’s license with a clean record in the state in which you reside (where applicable)
- Employment is contingent upon a drug screening test and background investigation
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain a professional working relationship with others
- Ability to file accurately, perform general office functions, maintain records, and understand reimbursement requirements
- Ability to work and think independently within a team
- Strong sense of urgency and responsiveness to customers
- Flexible approach
- Ability to multi-task
- Attention to detail
- Requires sitting, walking, standing, talking or listening
- Requires close vision to small print on computer and or paperwork
Physical Demands (where applicable)
- Requires lifting and transporting of patient equipment and or move full & empty cylinders
- Requires contact with patients and equipment with potential exposure to contagious pathogens
- Requires driving a company vehicle for the majority of the workday
- Requires the ability to load, push, pull and lift oxygen concentrators, oxygen tanks, portable oxygen units, positive airway pressure devices, wheelchairs, power wheelchairs, scooters, hospital bed parts, walkers, commodes and other home medical equipment and supplies in and out of location, warehouse, company vehicle, patient residence and/or delivery address
Machines, Equipment and Technical Abilities
- Understanding use of all applicable home medical equipment and supplies
- Using common office equipment (e.g., phone, copier, fax, computer, etc.)
- Internet, including knowledge of email transmission and communication
- Internet navigation and research
- Microsoft applications including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, etc.
- Office environment
- Occasional travel between locations or between office and referral source if necessary
- Interacts daily with Location Manager, Sales Representative, Respiratory Therapist, Patient Service Technicians, as well as Area Manager of Operations
- Competitive Compensation
- Career Path and Management opportunities
- Health and wellness benefits to include medical, prescription, dental and vision plans, short term and long term disability, supplemental life insurance and flexible spending accounts
- Employee Assistance program
- PTO and Paid Holidays
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Referral program
- Employee Recognition program
- Employee Service Program
Make the right move, apply today & create your job profile!
This process will take approximately 2-5 minutes to complete. The hiring manager will review your resume and contact you if your qualifications match our needs. We appreciate your interest in Rotech Healthcare Inc.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities
Rotech Healthcare Inc. recruits, employs, trains, promotes, transfers, separates from employment and compensates employees without regard to membership in, association with, or perception of race, color, age, gender, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or any other personal characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality where Rotech has employees.