Road & Rail Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Lead / Supervisor (197)
at Road & Rail Services
- Houston, TX, USA
- Full Time
Basic purpose of position: Provide management oversight to associates performing varied functions with specific emphasis on safety.
Expectation: We expect all Supervisors to be committed to a high standard of safety, be willing and able to comply with all safety policies/rules and willing to report and/or correct all safety violations and potential safety violations. Individuals performing this function must not pose a direct threat or significant risk of substantial harm to the safety or health of himself/herself or others. We expect all supervisors to employ an "out front" approach to management. Supervisors should spend as much time as practical away from their desk and out in the work areas training associates, monitoring work practices, checking the quality of work, and assisting in the actual completion of work. We want our supervisors to truly understand the challenges faced daily by their associates; we believe the best way to gain such an understanding is by spending time working alongside your associates, not being adverse to getting your hands dirty, talking with your associates. It is our contention that doing this will enhance your ability to take care of your people and our customer.
- Maintain a SAFE working environment, this includes:
- Ensuring compliance with all applicable OSHA, EPA, FRA, and DOT regulations;
- Ensuring compliance with all customer and company safety policies, requirements and procedures – with special attention given to safety training requirements;
- Ensuring that all accidents and injuries are promptly reported and properly documented according to company policies;
- Setting aggressive safety goals for all subordinate associates that compliment the company's safety goals;
- Identifying and correcting unsafe working conditions / practices – supervisors have a principal responsibility of preventing accidents and injuries.
- Manage with a QUALITY focus, this includes:
- Ensuring all subordinates understand and comply with applicable customer and company work instructions, quality procedures and site SOP's;
- Ensuring all associates are properly trained on the work instructions appropriate for their job;
- Ensuring all incidents of customer or company equipment damage are promptly reported; if required, appropriate discipline is administered, and procedures are implemented to prevent a recurrence;
- Continually seek and document methods for improvement in the quality of the services being provided and the efficiency in which those services are conducted.
Maintaining a READINESS posture sufficient to meet operational requirements, this includes:
- Being an effective trainer;
- Monitoring and motivating associates to ensure they work safely, follow proper work procedures and work together efficiently to achieve required production goals.
Education Requirements: High School education.
Experience Requirements: 2-3 years of supervisory experience
Skills, Licenses, Certification, and/or Special Training:
- Must maintain a valid state driver's license if required to operate company equipment.
- Meet and maintain all requirements contained in the Conditions of Employment policy.
- Ability to frequently work in areas with limited lighting;
- Ability to constantly work in an outdoor environment, exposed to all weather elements, including extreme hot and cold temperatures, dust and noisy conditions;
- Ability to occasionally climb to heights in excess of twenty feet;
- Ability to frequently bend at waist and crouch for periods of time up to 1 minute;
- Ability to constantly use bending, twisting, walking motions on uneven surfaces throughout the entire work shift;
- Ability to occasionally lift above shoulder height a weight of up to 50 pounds;
- Ability to occasionally stand for periods of time greater than 2 hours;
- Must be able to hear work or safety instructions verbally communicated in a normal speaking voice;
- Ability to verbally communicate telephonically and with two-way radios;
- Ability to view and change data on a standard computer;
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple tasks;
- Must be able to work independently;
- Must be able to properly wear all required Personal Protective Equipment.