Rimkus Consulting Group, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mining Engineer, PE
at Rimkus Consulting Group, Inc.
- # of Openings
- Engineering/Technical Consultants
We are seeking a Mining Engineer with heavy field and failure analysis experience. The work will be challenging and varied. We respond to client requests worldwide. The successful candidate must be outgoing and able to effectively communicate complex technology and events to a nontechnical audience. In return for your talent and effort, we offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package—including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, employer-matching 401(k), a flexible work schedule, and opportunities for advancement.
In this key position, you will perform engineering evaluations of problems and equipment failures in open pit and underground mining and metallurgical processing. You will evaluate mining incidents and failures of all types. Experience in metallurgical laboratory analyses and mechanical testing is desired. You will also determine the cause of failures in processing equipment such as mills, crushers, grinders, conveyors, pumps, concentrators, thickeners, flotation cells, autoclaves, solvent extraction, electrodeposition, heap leaching, tailings ponds, detoxification and processes such as roasting, smelters and acid plants. Experience with production and processing of one or more of the following minerals is required: gold, silver, nickel, platinum, copper, cobalt, molybdenum, zinc, lead or iron. Experience preparing flowsheets, water balances, P&IDs and equipment specifications would be a plus. A working knowledge of applicable codes and standards for the design, fabrication, testing and operation of mining equipment is needed, including ASME, ASTM, NFPA and ANSI. The ability to conduct damage assessments, estimate costs and perform repair/replace evaluations is a plus. You will prepare oral and written reports that document your observations, analysis, and conclusions. Other duties include gathering photographic evidence, conducting investigations to document operating conditions and overseeing laboratory testing by third parties. You may be called upon to deliver expert witness testimony in deposition and trial. The successful candidate must have a strong customer service mentality and be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- BS or MS in Mining with a minimum of 10 years experience
- The candidate must have a PE License or the ability to obtain
- MSHA and/or OSHA PSM training would be a plus
- Outgoing personality, independent judgment, strong analytical skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experienced with MS Office Suite software (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Travel of 25% or less would be expected
- This position requires some physicality and all applicants should be capable, as a minimum, of lifting 50 pounds and performing outdoor work in varying temperatures and conditions