Rimkus Consulting Group, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mechanical Engineer, PE (Wind Turbine Power Generation)
at Rimkus Consulting Group, Inc.
- # of Openings
- Engineering/Technical Consultants
We are seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer with heavy industrial power plant experience. This would include engineering design, construction, maintenance and operation of conventional and renewable generating facilities, particularly onshore wind turbine generators (WTGs). The successful candidate must be outgoing and able to effectively communicate complex technology and events to a nontechnical audience. In return for your talent and effort, we offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package—including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, employer-matching 401(k), a flexible work schedule, and opportunities for advancement.
This key position requires expertise in power plant root cause failure analysis, feasibility studies, system design and equipment selection, project engineering, construction, operations, maintenance, economic analysis and safety programs. The candidate should be familiar with conventional power generation equipment, along with wind turbine generators. This includes the structural, mechanical, electrical and aerodynamic aspects of wind turbine generators. A working knowledge of applicable codes is needed, including ASME, API, NBIC, AWS, ACI, NFPA, and NEC. The ability to conduct damage assessments, estimate costs and perform repair/replace evaluations is a plus. A variety of different mechanical problems may require solutions, depending on client needs. The position will involve interacting directly with clients, preparing oral and written reports that document your observations, analysis and conclusions. Testimony experience as an expert witness is also a plus. Accordingly, candidates must possess strong verbal and written communication skills and be well-versed in Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint in order to complete investigations and reports and present findings to clients. The successful candidate must have a strong customer service mentality and be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Minimum BSME (Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering)
- Minimum 15 years’ of experience (as described above)
- The candidate must have a PE License or the ability to obtain
- HAZWOPER and/or OSHA PSM training would be a plus
- Outgoing personality, independent judgment, strong analytical skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experienced with MS Office Suite software (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Travel of 25% or less would be expected
- This position requires some physicality and all applicants should be capable, as a minimum, of lifting 50 pounds and performing outdoor work in varying temperatures and conditions