Reynolds, Smith and Hills, Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Transportation Project Engineer / Manager
at Reynolds, Smith and Hills, Inc
- # of Openings
- Job Level
We are seeking a Senior Transportation Project Manager/Engineer for the Transportation-Infrastructure Practice in Houston, Texas.
This position would be responsible for marketing and managing roadway design, major transportation projects for TXDOT and other similar clients as well as assisting Region and Practice Leaders in continuing to build the transportation engineering practice in Houston, TX. The ideal candidate will work closely with clients, engineers, architects, and sub-consultants to ensure that their needs are met. Additional responsibilities include: serving as Project Manager for design-related projects, Program Manager or Task Leader for major GEC programs, Project Manager for significant and strategic assignments, implementing quality control procedures for all projects and performing marketing efforts to fulfill the firm’s strategic objectives for the transportation practice.
- Bachelor's or Master's of Engineering degree or other professionally recognized equivalent discipline from an accredited university
- 15+ years of work experience within the field of highway design and transportation engineering.
- Previous experience as a senior member of a GEC team is a plus.
- Must have professional registration (PE) within the field of engineering with the ability to obtain a Texas PE within 6 months
- Knowledge of Design-Build process
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Highway Design programs (Microstation V8) required for use in completing assignments
- Experience as a leader of the profession of engineering within the community
- Ability to manage multiple professional projects, as well as, design teams, staff, and clients.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and marketing experience.
- Extensive experience managing highway design, schematic design, and/or GEC projects in Texas
- Recent experience with and knowledge of TXDOT policies and procedures
- Experience building and managing a design or program management team
If this sounds like the role for you and you're ready to join an amazing team, please apply.
From managed toll lanes and long-range corridor plans, to complex segmental bridges, our teams are working in the field and in the office while providing the highest quality infrastructure and facility solutions. Each day, we partner with transportation agencies and local governments across the country to keep our communities moving. By joining our team, you too can provide unique expertise in the full life cycle of transportation delivery, and lead the evolution of transportation.
RS&H provides fully integrated architecture, engineering, and consulting services to help clients realize their most complex facility and infrastructure projects for land, air, and space. We are committed to bringing extraordinary solutions to our clients through the promise of imagination, ingenuity, and innovation. With a tradition of excellence that began in 1941, we are consistently ranked among the nation’s top 100 design firms. We attribute our success to an unwavering commitment to our core values of: integrity, quality service, business success and valuing associates.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.