Reynolds, Smith and Hills, Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Project Engineer/Resident Engineer
at Reynolds, Smith and Hills, Inc
- # of Openings
- Job Level
We are currently seeking a Senior CEI Project Engineer for the Transportation-Construction Management (T-CM) Practice in the Houston, Texas area
The Senior CEI Project Engineer has a can-do attitude and is a self-starter; responsible to help with the firm's Construction Engineering Inspection Services. You will help grow and develop staff and work closely with clients, engineers, and sub-consultants to ensure their needs are met. You will also be involved in business planning, marketing, and fulfillment of the firm’s strategic vision for the construction services program.
Also operating as a Senior CEI Project Engineer, you must have the credentials and ability to manage Construction Engineering Inspection (CEI) teams for road and bridge transportation projects. Additional job duties include implementing quality assurance procedures, preparing and submitting estimates, checking engineering calculations, interpreting contract documents, planning and organizing the work of subordinate and staff members while continually developing and reviewing policies, practices, methods, and procedures of a professional work environment.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET-accredited university.
- Licensed Professional Engineer in Texas or the ability to obtain license within 6 months.
- 8+ years of experience in Construction Management/Construction Engineering Inspection (CEI)
- Prior management or supervisory experience required
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Experience with constructing submittal review, change order development and cost analysis, construction schedule review, RFI review and coordination, and general contract administration for federally funded state transportation projects.
- Valid Driver License
- Must have good driving record
- Must obtain any required certifications and pass appropriate qualifications tests for the position in specified time frames
- Willingness to work weekend, nights, and swing shifts.
- Ability to sit, stand, climb, bend, twist or stoop frequently and for prolonged periods
- Ability to reach horizontally as well as vertically for required tasks
- Ability to use construction or inspection safety equipment including fall protection
- Ability to lift and/or move you to 50 pounds
- 10-20 years experience in Federally Funded Heavy Highway Construction Inspection and Contract Administration.
- Design Build Experience.
Experience with TXDOT.
- Has acted in the Assistant Project Engineer or Project Engineer role for State DOT, on at least three projects.
If this sounds like the role for you and you're ready to join an amazing team, please apply.
While RS&H was founded in 1941, we have been providing construction management services as one of our primary business practices since 1984. RS&H’s Transportation-Construction Management Practice serves numerous state departments of transportation, mobility/transportation authorities, turnpike/toll authorities, rail/port authorities, municipal/county governments, and private clients throughout the United States. Our Construction Engineering and Inspections (CEI) teams as well as our Construction Management teams are industry leading experts who provide a full range of construction engineering, program management, specialized testing, and inspection services from the preconstruction phase through maintenance and operations. By joining our team, you too can provide unique expertise in the full life cycle of transportation delivery, and lead the evolution of transportation.
RS&H provides fully integrated architecture, engineering, and consulting services to help clients realize their most complex facility and infrastructure projects for land, air, and space. We are committed to bringing extraordinary solutions to our clients through the promise of imagination, ingenuity, and innovation. With a tradition of excellence that began in 1941, we are consistently ranked among the nation’s top 100 design firms. We attribute our success to an unwavering commitment to our core values of: integrity, quality service, business success and valuing associates.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.