Reynolds, Smith and Hills, Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
* Chief CEI Inspector *
at Reynolds, Smith and Hills, Inc
- # of Openings
- Job Level
We are seeking Chief CEI Inspectors for our Transportation-Construction Management practice in Texas. This position could be in the Dallas, Houston, or Austin area.
As a Chief CEI Inspector, you have experience administering all phases of complex construction contracts. Have the ability to manage, mentor and teach your inspection team that monitors the contractor’s on-site construction activities and inspect materials to ensure compliance with plans, specifications, and special provision for the construction contract. The ideal candidate will possess strong communication skills, be a team player, is enthusiastic, motivated, honest, and dependable.
Responsibilities include but are not be limited to:
- Maintain detailed records of the contractor’s daily operations including manpower, equipment, construction methods, and events that affect the work
- Monitor work zone traffic control plan and identify discrepancies and potential issues
- Monitor the erosion control plan and identify discrepancies and potential issues
- Perform sampling and testing of component materials and completed work
- Verify the dimensions of prepared and completed work
- Inspect the construction work and conduct field tests
- Track/measure completed work quantities for payment
- Perform survey checks
- Manage the team of inspectors, coordinate their schedules and oversee their work and records
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- 12+ years inspection or engineering experience (3+ years in roadway/bridge inspection)
- Experience as a CEI/CM Chief Inspector on Roadway and Bridge Construction Projects or prior roadway/bridge construction experience
- Has all TXDOT inspection certifications
- Ability to read and interpret construction plans and specifications
- Must have a Valid Driver's License with a good driving record
- Must obtain any required certifications and pass appropriate qualifications tests for the position in specified time frames
- Ability to sit, stand, climb, bend, twist or stoop frequently and for prolonged periods, under various outside conditions
- Ability to reach horizontally as well as vertically for required tasks
- Ability to use construction or inspection safety equipment including fall protection
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and shake up to 20 pounds.
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Medical and Dental
- Click Here for Full Benefits Information
If this sounds like the role for you and you're ready to join an amazing team, please apply.
Our construction management experts provide a full range of program management and specialized testing and inspection services from the preconstruction phase through maintenance and operations. If you want to work on some of the nation’s most complex transportation projects, join our team of construction professionals.
RS&H provides fully integrated architecture, engineering, and consulting services to help clients realize their most complex facility and infrastructure projects for land, air, and space. We are committed to bringing extraordinary solutions to our clients through the promise of imagination, ingenuity, and innovation. With a tradition of excellence that began in 1941, we are consistently ranked among the nation’s top 100 design firms. We attribute our success to an unwavering commitment to our core values of: integrity, quality service, business success and valuing associates.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.