Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Warehouse Supervisor I
Job Reference #: 28257
Categories: Warehouse/Maintenance, Healthcare - Support Services, Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director)
Directs and coordinate activities of warehouse and warehouse associates by performing the following duties.
No Relocation Assistance Provided
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Other duties may be assigned)
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. May have responsibility to recommend performance management actions including but not limited to selection and hiring, transferring and discharging, the assignment of work, the receipt of rewards or progressive discipline. Supervises all aspects of the product receipt, warehouse and loading.
- Review orders, production schedules, shipping or receiving notices to determine work sequences and material shipping dates, types, volumes, or destinations. Plan work assignments and equipment allocations to meet operations or production goals.
- Direct workers in the warehouse on the processes of receiving, put away, replenishment, slotting, picking, packing, truck loading and/or other processes in the warehouse.
- Recommend and implement measures to improve worker motivation, equipment performance, work methods, or customer services.
- Enforce safety rules and regulations, and ensure compliance with company security policies.
- Maintain or verify records of time, materials, expenditures, or crew activities.
- Where applicable, oversee the daily use of warehouse technology (WMS) as well as picking technology (voice picking) to ensure proper use and compliance with picking standards.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of basic Accounting software, Contact Management systems, Internet, Inventory, Spreadsheet, Word Processing software, and order processing systems.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Forklift Certification
- Alcohol Beverage License as applicable to the by state requirements
- Spanish bilingual abilities preferred.
- Current state driver’s license.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Working Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and equipment; fumes or airborne particles; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Republic National Distributing Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy not to discriminate against any Employee or Applicant. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability. This policy of nondiscrimination in employment includes but is not limited to: recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, employment advertising or solicitations, compensation, layoff or termination of employment.